Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has started locking itself as soon as the drivers door is closed.
I have also had problems with the key not detected and change battery.
It has been back to the garage and they could find no problem but said they 'reset' the central locking but its still happening....

Any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's a setting where it will lock immediately if you leave the car with the key, I tried it for about 5 minutes, then turned it off with ODBEleven. I'm not sure if there's a setting in the main screen, it's called Autolock in ODBEleven.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is its only started doing it recently and not every time the door is closed,

I will look tomorrow for the setting you mentioned and see if that helps. ( what is ODBEleven)?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
ODBELEVEN is a diagnostic tool which enables the user to check and clear error codes and undertake some basic configuration of the vehicle systems, it's similar to VAG-Com (VCDS). I've used both of these tools for years, it saves taking the car to the dealer for basic analysis etc.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's a setting where it will lock immediately if you leave the car with the key, I tried it for about 5 minutes, then turned it off with ODBEleven. I'm not sure if there's a setting in the main screen, it's called Autolock in ODBEleven.
I've never seen a setting that locks the door as soon as you leave the car with the key - not one that's available via the HMI anyway. Did you enable it via OBD!! too, and then ds=isable it? It;s certainly not a default setting as supplied.

ETA: Actually, since I always lock my car either with the key or kessy, I've never left it long enough to see if it does actually autolock after a period of time but I doubt it :)

The autolock feature I'm aware of locks the doors when you drive away and exceed 9mph (at least I think it's 9) and that can't be turned off in the Ateca, though I don't know why you'd want to really.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It has been back to the garage and they could find no problem but said they 'reset' the central locking but its still happening....

Any ideas?
I have had this issue as well the car locked when I got out to check something and the key was inside. It seems to lock randomly and then does not recognise the key. Is going into the dealer next week and I have a video of it doing it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had this issue as well the car locked when I got out to check something and the key was inside. It seems to lock randomly and then does not recognise the key. Is going into the dealer next week and I have a video of it doing it.
Let me know how you get on please mine is going in Monday but it seems to be intermittent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Morning
I too am having a similar issue that started a week ago. I think it’s just associated with the drivers door. It’s intermittent but seems to be happening more often. I can remove key from ignition, open the drivers door and I will hear the car lock. Sometimes it locks straight after the drivers door is closed. I noticed this at the petrol station the other day, obviously I needed to unlock again to open fuel cap. I have tried changing the key battery which I thought had made a difference but that was only because of it being intermittent, the problem happened again this morning. I don’t think it will happen when key is in the ignition is on however I was scared off this the other morning when de icing the car so was forced to leave window open as was scared I would get locked out. The interesting thing I have noticed is that it’s not a proper lock as mirrors don’t fold. I’m concerned the regular garage isn’t going to be able to diagnose this, I really can’t be doing with a big expensive at the moment but also don’t if for some reason I get out with keys on seat etc there is potential for a big problem. Any other advice ? Anyone any update on this? Any help appreciated
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me know how you get on please mine is going in Monday but it seems to be intermittent.
Took it into the dealer today and they identified two faulty locks that they have replaced under warranty. Sounds like the electrics in the locks had malfunctioned, pick it back up tomorrow so will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took it into the dealer today and they identified two faulty locks that they have replaced under warranty. Sounds like the electrics in the locks had malfunctioned, pick it back up tomorrow so will let you know how I get on.
Hi
My car is going into our local garage (none dealer) tomorrow. They didn’t sound too certain but it’s my preferred option as dealer is easy to get to. Don’t suppose you know if dealer found a fault when car was connected up to diagnostics? I ask as it’s really currently diagnosing which door this affects. Definitely driver but also it maybe the the boot as locking as occurred when sometimes closing it.
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts

Any ideas?
Hey. Mine has started fairly recently and is now a constant pain in the proverbial. I have identified where the fault is coming from, by pure chance, but I haven't gotten around to trying to fix.
So, I first noticed the problem when driving off and the autolock function seemed to malfunction by having the first loud lock click (lock) followed by another quieter one (lock error) a few seconds later; the lock symbol on the door lock switch usually is amber when locked but when this fault occurs, the amber light goes back to the standard red. To stop this happening, when drive off and I flex the door trim near the back, hand holding the door handle and elbow then against the door trim (this is roughly the position to push) pushing outwards, once the 10 mph is reached and the autolock functions, it works as it should and the amber light on the door lock shows.
Unfortunately, this doesn't cure the problem, it simply works until the door or panel flexes back. If the autolock has malfunctioned and I flex the door panel, the amber light will come on and then go off. This flexing resolves the problem 100% of the time.
I just need to get the panel off to understand what is behind.
If anyone has had their panel off and is able to share pictures, I'd be really grateful :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the image :)
Interested to know:
1) where connector circled in blue goes?
2) What fits into the area of the orange circle?

Connector circled in red might be where the problem is as it isn't far from where I press the trim to correct the fault.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
190ps TDi DSG 4Drive Xcellence in Rhodium Grey.
54 Posts
Sorry Alan. I’m not sure. It’s not a photo of mine it’s just one I came across and saved for if and when I have to remove mine.
The one you have circled red though is the main Bowden cable that goes from the door opening lever to the lock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts