Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading around spanish forums it seems like 2 least ordered colors will be removed and 2 new colors added.

Removed - Jungle green, Mato brown.
New colors - New Velvet red (FR) , Magnetic Brown (Skoda already has that)

I cant confirm this but looks like so with 4 other changes to updated version with excellence trim level.

Here are vote results so far:

Mediterranean Blue 3.7%
White Bila 17.8%
Passion-red 3.6%
White Nevada 22.2%
Bright Silver 6.5%
Gray Rhodium 12.1%
Beige Capuccino 4.9%
Mato Brown 3.4%
Blue Lava 7.9%
Green jungle 1.9%
Orange Samoa 9.0%
Magic Black 7.1%

·
Registered
778 Posts
It's possible they'll re-jig the colours and there's been past comments about Jungle Green disappearing, but that's very much on a country-by-country basis. We don't have Capucchino for example, but that's available over on the continent.

It's a completely new car for Seat so some tweaks are to be expected, I guess.

·
Registered
778 Posts
supreme said:
Here are vote results so far:

Mediterranean Blue 3.7%
White Bila 17.8%
Passion-red 3.6%
White Nevada 22.2%
Bright Silver 6.5%
Gray Rhodium 12.1%
Beige Capuccino 4.9%
Mato Brown 3.4%
Blue Lava 7.9%
Green jungle 1.9%
Orange Samoa 9.0%
Magic Black 7.1%
Interesting break-down of the colours - white by far the most popular!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yep Supreme is absolutely right. If you check the new May product brochure it shows Jungle green, mato brown & passion red have been taken off, and replaced with Magnetic Brown & Velvet Red :eek:

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup thats what other forums are saying looking their country updated product brochures.

Xcellence trim also gets unique logo on the steering wheel lower part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have always thought that white is no doubt the best choice of colour for this vehicle, it just shows it at it's best. Most ads from SEAT show the car in
white also, that suggests to me that the boffins at SEAT realise that white is THE colour for this car. Just a shame they can't keep up with demand.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Saw a mato for first time in flesh on Wed and thought it looked great!!
Agree on white they look good, but we have just had two white cars in a row and the wife didn't want another white one!!!

G

·
Etchings said:
It's possible they'll re-jig the colours and there's been past comments about Jungle Green disappearing, but that's very much on a country-by-country basis. We don't have Capucchino for example, but that's available over on the continent.
The palette seems to vary on a country-by-country basis, but I think Jungle Green is going away all around. I base my assumption on two things. First, my own Jungle Green got built sooner than expected, and according to the dealer it was the colour that was causing this; they wanted to build green ones sooner, to get the paint out of the production line. Second, that colour was also dumped from the Skoda Kodiaq palette. I think that proves that this is more likely to affect all models built in Kvasiny.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That makes sense, not the first I've heard of it. I'm curious now to see if they drop colours in favour of new ones, or drop them altogether to consolidate their production runs. Probably a little of both I'm guessing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Etchings said:
That makes sense, not the first I've heard of it. I'm curious now to see if they drop colours in favour of new ones, or drop them altogether to consolidate their production runs. Probably a little of both I'm guessing.
This change is not because of Ateca but overall decision based on Skoda factory color palette. Its just small coincidence that same colors that will be removed are less sold also. Maybe skoda also had bad sells with those colors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Two dealers have told me that white is their most popular colour for the Ateca. One also advised white as a safe bet for resale.

·
Registered
931 Posts
pgb said:
Two dealers have told me that white is their most popular colour for the Ateca. One also advised white as a safe bet for resale.
'
That's hardly surprising given there are TWO whites but only one of each colour to chose from.

How would you be funding your car? If it's PCP then get a quote on a White car, a Red car and an Orange car. And when you see the GFV's are all the same, tell the salesman to stick his advise up his :shock:

Whenever sales folk give this sort of advice, it just means they have a particular car in the system that they want to sell :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I must admit, I struggled over colour , or more precisely, shades.
Agree white looks sharp, but it's the old cliche, only when clean. My current Leon is white, wouldn't do it again.
Conservative ( classy? ) Rhodium grey for me. Only wish it was Audi
S-line Dakota grey.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
pgb said:
'
That's hardly surprising given there are TWO whites but only one of each colour to chose from.

How would you be funding your car? If it's PCP then get a quote on a White car, a Red car and an Orange car. And when you see the GFV's are all the same, tell the salesman to stick his advise up his :shock:

Whenever sales folk give this sort of advice, it just means they have a particular car in the system that they want to sell :D
I believe the salesman's comment of, safe bet for resale, to mean that white is an acceptable colour to a large pool of potential buyers rather than it adding value more that other colours.

As for white, Bila White and Nevada White were named as different colours with one being that dealership's most popular and the other its second-most popular, but I cannot remember which was which.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SM67 said:
Agree white looks sharp, but it's the old cliche, only when clean. My current Leon is white, wouldn't do it again.
S-line Dakota grey.
SM67 makes an excellent point. I chose white based on it looking good in the SEAT adverts and seeing a pristine model in a showroom. Can anyone comment on how they look on the road?

:?:

·
Registered
238 Posts
pgb said:
SM67 said:
S-line Dakota grey.
SM67 makes an excellent point. I chose white based on it looking good in the SEAT adverts and seeing a pristine model in a showroom. Can anyone comment on how they look on the road?

:?:
The white looks great on the road and being the only one in the area I have seen heads turn :D
But my one does have the sexy 19" rims

·
Registered
526 Posts
White looks great even when dirty from a distance

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I choosed first color reflex silver but later changed to also Nevada white. It just makes this car look great. Many seat cars in white dont look that good as Ateca. I do understand those who already had white car before Ateca to go for something else.

Dark color with this car just wont stand out as do white or maybe reflex silver/Rhodium grey.

·
Registered
526 Posts
SM67 said:
Unfortunately , I don't tend to drive my white Leon from a distance. 😉
But you drive it from inside your car.... no? Hehe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts