Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all hello.

New to the Seat world and have just taken delivery of a 2022 FR 1.5 DSG.

The car is brilliant and the drive is smooth however it has arrived damaged.

I am located in Bolton and the car is a lease and has come from Snows in Portsmouth I believe. I have told the lease company who have in turn told the dealer who should sort it but I’m curious to how they will do this when all their dealerships are 200+ miles away.

The damage is to the rear bumper diffuser section, two identical dents/scuffs.

Also does anybody know where to find the oem parts catalogue for the facelift Ateca?

Thanks

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Tire Plant Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are legally allowed to reject a new car within 30 days if it was delivered damaged or there are faults. I am going through the same thing with the failed CarSoS/GPS/Aerial issue on my Xperience Lux DSG which failed after 800 miles and 2 weeks. So far 2 failed attempts to fix it. A new aerial is on on order. The car is back into the local dealer (not the one I purchased it through) at the end of August when I return from Spain. If they don't fix I'll be claiming a new car to exactly the same specs (sunroof etc). Whether you would want to go down that route....possibly not, but for the the second most expensive thing most of us will ever buy you have a justifiable expectation that it will not arrive damaged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are legally allowed to reject a new car within 30 days if it was delivered damaged or there are faults. I am going through the same thing with the failed CarSoS/GPS/Aerial issue on my Xperience Lux DSG which failed after 800 miles and 2 weeks. So far 2 failed attempts to fix it. A new aerial is on on order. The car is back into the local dealer (not the one I purchased it through) at the end of August when I return from Spain. If they don't fix I'll be claiming a new car to exactly the same specs (sunroof etc). Whether you would want to go down that route....possibly not, but for the the second most expensive thing most of us will ever buy you have a justifiable expectation that it will not arrive damaged.
cheers for the reply. First ever new car so unaware of the regulations etc.

With it being a lease I’m not sure where I would stand.
Shall see what the dealer says tomorrow about it

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had damage to that panel and the repair was done by a SEAT approved repair shop. The tech said that you can't repair that or fill or anything as they can't recover the factory finished surface. The bumper comes apart and just that grey section gets replaced so I don't see why they are resisting accepting the responsibility. It's SEATs responsibility right up to the second you sign for the car and take the keys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had damage to that panel and the repair was done by a SEAT approved repair shop. The tech said that you can't repair that or fill or anything as they can't recover the factory finished surface. The bumper comes apart and just that grey section gets replaced so I don't see why they are resisting accepting the responsibility. It's SEATs responsibility right up to the second you sign for the car and take the keys.
they were just being awkward I think.
It was delivered by a driver who brought it from Southampton to my house.
Could of happened in their possession.

my local dealer have quoted the part and labour stripping the bumper and replacing it.

good result in the end

1 - 9 of 9 Posts