Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto car have just posted this review up of the 4 Wheel Drive version.

View attachment 157

Despite undercutting its German sibling, you don't really miss out on a huge amount. Sure, you don't get a sliding, reclining rear bench and the front door trims aren't as plush, but you're still getting a very usable little SUV.

The 187bhp version of the familiar 2.0 TDI powerplant is a big help here. It may start to sound a bit ragged over 3000rpm, but there's a pleasing slug of torque beyond 1500rpm that allows you to gain speed with authority. It's not outright fast, but it's certainly brisk enough for any real-world situation.

Now we've got the (relatively) exciting stuff covered, it's time to talk practicality. Like its brother, the Tiguan, the Ateca is usefully bigger inside than a Nissan Qashqai and nearly as capacious as a Kia Sportage.
Read the full review here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/seat/ateca/first-drives/2016-seat-ateca-20-tdi-190-4drive-review

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Interesting the bit about " carousel of icons ".... they seem to suggest it's different from the standard fare. I can't say I got that far on looking at the infotainment part on that. Probably they means tablet behaviour rather than rotating and enlarged as carousel. I had sort of assumed it's identical to current Leon headends in 8". Saying that I haven't got down to the bottom of what I was shown on the coordinate input and what I've seen on VWs. Think I'm going to invade a Seat dealer today for more investigation. Think they mean a movement from carousel to tablet, but there is only one screen on VWs as I recall that does this (carousel display). It's sort of your main menu if you don't hit specific buttons and gives you other stuff. Perhaps they never found that. You need a way to indicate there is more to see and hence the carousel.

The German mag and Youtube channel Autobild that I trust, on their track tests say that the Ateca is more twitchy than the Tiguan. The Tiguan is quieter inside than the Ateca where you hear the engine growl. I've never been bothered to hear a growl at the right moment. The seating bears the same relationship between the Altea and the Golf Plus, moveable rear seats in the Golf, fixed in the Altea, least in the early ones. This one will be a constant gripe with the Ateca against other SUVs and is likely to be picked up by all reviews. Needless cost cutting will come back to haunt Seat on this one. The selling point of SUVs is usability of the rear space, flipping the seats about, so if you can't flip, rotate and turn it's going to be picked up.

They don't rate a positive that Seat won't fiddle with the design over future years so your pride and joy becomes old hat. For non cash buyers that's not an issue or for people that often renew their cars frequently. I give a fair few points to that to counteract the negatives in other areas.

PS Rob you changed the sex of the Tiguan to male in your cut and paste it was female in the article.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell said:
PS Rob you changed the sex of the Tiguan to male in your cut and paste it was female in the article.
Strange, it was a copy and paste so they must have changed the article at some point this morning!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Guardian does that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.