Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who fancies a watch of this short clip:

I would love to read the full review on it and watch the full video. Looks good anyway and makes me glad i have one now. Still not passed another on the road yet.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Say it with Seat.... Wonder if I could copyright that.

I see they have a surveyors GPS aerial on the roof in many of the shots. I did see a canal barge with one and wondered whether it was owned by a fantasist since tricky to get lost on a canal. Anyhow conceivable that the GPS surveyors top poll device could be used to measure snaking whilst towing. Afraid I interrogated the man from OS about them.

Seat advertising promo. They may be as common as muck, which isn't so common these days unless you live by horseriding schools, by the time they catch up with the orders.

I was thinking that my back of the envelope estimate of the number on the road might have been an over estimate. 200 FE s and 800 others. Only Seat will know. Probably 150 FE s (that tricky orange) and 150 others may be. I might still get to gesture at fellow Ateca drivers when I hopefully get mine next month.

No little niggles yet to report DVH ?. Did anything with the speed cameras ?. I've tidied my destinations ready for upload prefixing the location by the international code, city in capitals etc. I'm all ready just need the car....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I watched this last night on a link from my dealers site

Makes me even happier I have one coming

I've not seen one on roads yet either. I know dealer sold at least on first edition but not spotted it about

·
Registered
61 Posts
All it makes me think is, be careful buying ex-SEAT demo cars, you don't know what they have been used to demonstrate :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sure they are 19" wheels and not worrying about the "grumble".

Morocco unless anywhere in Spain like that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have seen one on the road....well, in the car park at the office yesterday to be precise so not technically driving. Someone must have ordered their company car as soon as the order book was open!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Carscoops text is here

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/seat-ateca-put-through-its-paces-in.html

I'm sure they don't have deserts in Spain

We may have first seen the Ateca more than seven months ago, but Seat is still conducting tests and recently hit the desert regions of Spain.

Battling with temperatures of up to 45 degrees Celsius, a fleet of 40 Atecas were taken to their limits in three weeks of punishing tests designed to test out the vehicles in the harshest possible conditions.

Among the most vital tests conducted related to the Ateca's Hill Descent Control and traction control systems which allows the SUV to safely drive down declines of up to 35 per cent without the driver having to use the brake pedal.

Another test conducted is the dust intake test. In this test, a lead car drives through the desert leaving a cloud of dust in its wake. Another Ateca then follows closely behind to determine the service life of the air filter as it is hit with a wall of dust.

Although European order books for the Ateca opened a few months ago, it's not yet known when the first customer deliveries will commence. Nevertheless, we do know that prospective owners will have a choice between two petrol and two diesel engines, delivering between 115 and 190 PS.
Hmmm spot the mistake (s).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
So they do. Mind you I thought that video was a mockup "testing" session shot in Morocco where there is quite a film industry and would be good to shoot a commercial, sun, sea and camels :).

The rest of the text is rubbish like people have taken deliveries...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts