Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the FR spec is in the brochure now, anyone ordered one?

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Can't order till July right?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll be ordering one once its available, looking forward to its 'full reveal' at the motor show next week. Autogefuhl always have good videos of these so i'll be checking their coverage!

Just checked the brochure and its the first time I've seen the standard FR alloys, which I actually quite like. That's just from the picture but will have to see how they sit on the car because the 19" shown on all the promo shots look great and the standards will have to really fit the car to dissuade me from going with them.

I think the thing about the FR is that you can tell its pretty much top of the range for the Ateca (just below the Xcellence) and besides the Cupra, the FR is recognisable as the top spec in most Seat cars previously. I think for a few people I've spoken too sometimes its hard to tell an Xcellence apart from a SE Tech or even an SE with enough upgrades, a problem most of us users here won't have any issues identifying. For people who don't know what alloys come as standard etc I feel the Xcellence needs a little more to show it is the top spec. Maybe a recognisable logo displayed a bit more prominently on the exterior or gaining body coloured bumpers/wheel arches to set it apart a little as the standard black plastic doesn't feel premium to me/some people I've spoken too. The shot in the brochure of the SE tech and Xcellence is identical besides the alloys being slightly different in the pic.

My two cents anyway. Again, can't wait to see the car in the flesh more than anything and hope we get some pics/news on the cupra in the coming months.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My two cents:

Great spec with the black headlining, but why not make the chrome rails and window surrounds a no-cost option. That way it maintains some exclusive perceived luxury for the Xcellence but allows a sportier (darker) look that other marques e.g. BMW, reflect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Totally agree that the standard 18's look OK to me. Cant see many paying an eye-watering extra £860 for an allegedly poorer ride on the 19's.

·
Registered
158 Posts

This is how Ateca FR will basically be like except but different style rims and lights from current model.

Color paint will be same as glossy black mirror and front grill. Also inside red stitchings.

Small note full led headlights are optional so FR will cost more if you want same equipment as Ateca xcellence package.

·
Registered
60 Posts
supreme said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89_INeb0</URL>

This is how Ateca FR will basically be like except but different style rims and lights from current model.

Color paint will be same as glossy black mirror and front grill. Also inside red stitchings.

Small note full led headlights are optional so FR will cost more if you want same equipment as Ateca xcellence package.
How the hell did you reach that conclusion?? :lol: He literally states LED's are optional on both the FR and the Xcellence on the Ibiza. The brochure above on the same page you've just posted on states full LED's are standard on the FR. Some of that fake news we keep hearing about ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
NorthernRY said:
supreme said:

How the hell did you reach that conclusion?? :lol: He literally states LED's are optional on both the FR and the Xcellence on the Ibiza. The brochure above on the same page you've just posted on states full LED's are standard on the FR. Some of that fake news we keep hearing about ;)
I guess thats the difference then between Ibiza trims and Ateca models. I didnt post that brochure btw. Anyway it wont change much. FR will cost more if compared to xcellence getting same package level and depending what engine is chosen 1.5 or 2.0

·
Registered
60 Posts
supreme said:
NorthernRY said:
supreme said:

I guess thats the difference then between Ibiza trims and Ateca models. I didnt post that brochure btw. Anyway it wont change much. FR will cost more if compared to xcellence getting same package level and depending what engine is chosen 1.5 or 2.0
I never said you posted the brochure, just that it was on the same page that you have just posted on.

Anyway, we don't have any set prices yet besides what someone posted about from a broker site? The differences between the 2 are:

Leather seats, convenience pack, KESSY/wireless charger and winter pack. Personally, I prefer the Alcantara and would only spec the convenience pack out of those.

You get visual upgrades in my opinion with the FR. The new colour, body coloured plastics, exclusive alloys, FR detailing the rest is in the brochure. Gotta weigh up what you want but worth it for me!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Italian Seat configutator already has it up and others should follow in coming week. Also new red color can be ordered for regular ateca also.
http://configuratore.seat-italia.it/seat-cc/desktop-desktop-005_DEFAULT-it-normal.view?msk=2

2.0 TSI will cost in Italy +2k € compared to 1.4TSI

I did quick test using very similar spec for xcellence i ordered from my country. For Xcellence i also choosed bi-color alloys but everything else is exactly same package as FR which has new 2.0 TSI engine

here are final difference according to italian configurator:

FR total cost: 38 385€
Xcellence: 34 235 €

FR costs around 4000€ more to get same xcellence trim level.

·
Registered
60 Posts
supreme said:
Italian Seat configutator already has it up and others should follow in coming week. Also new red color can be ordered for regular ateca also.
http://configuratore.seat-italia.it/seat-cc/desktop-desktop-005_DEFAULT-it-normal.view?msk=2</URL>"

2.0 TSI will cost in Italy +2k € compared to 1.4TSI

I did quick test using very similar spec for xcellence i ordered from my country. For Xcellence i also choosed bi-color alloys but everything else is exactly same package as FR which has new 2.0 TSI engine

here are final difference according to italian configurator:

FR total cost: 38 385€
Xcellence: 34 235 €

FR costs around 4000€ more to get same xcellence trim level.
So what you're saying is a 1.4tsi manual is cheaper than a 2.0 DSG? Obviously you're gonna out more for a higher litre/dsg engine! If you compare both at 1.4 I imagine they'll be similar in price.

It's not "4000€ more expensive' for the same car because the engines are so different. If you spec the car with the higher litre dsg diesel for example I'm sure the price will be similar. I don't get your logic in this comparison or maybe you're just wording it wrong. If your quote is for two 1.4 engines then that's different, but also hard to believe..

I also don't think cars will be specced the same from the other perspective as the FR has visual upgrades imo (spoiler, coloured skirts etc)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ok let me then make it simple for you.

2k you pay for better engine with DSG and roughly 2k for FR visual difference including inside. Is that simple enough or not for you?

Thats all i compraed just to see how FR will be priced. You dont have to go nuts because of that. Jeez i now udnerstand why this forum can be so hostile what some have noticed and afraid to even post.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Don't use the prices from foreign configurators. In Spain to add a DSG to the 1.4 is well over €2k extra - it's a lot less in the UK. There are loads of other differences and availability on accessories etc. can vary. For example, you can have the 18" bicolour wheels on the Xcellence.

·
Registered
60 Posts
supreme said:
Ok let me then make it simple for you.

2k you pay for better engine with DSG and roughly 2k for FR visual difference including inside. Is that simple enough or not for you?

Thats all i compraed just to see how FR will be priced. You dont have to go nuts because of that. Jeez i now udnerstand why this forum can be so hostile what some have noticed and afraid to even post.
Not sure where I was hostile like, just questioned why you made that comparison but glad you've cleared that up because your initial statement was comparing two cars that weren't specced equivalently. Let's not get too sensitive there mate we're all adults (supposedly) ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fred99 said:
Don't use the prices from foreign configurators. In Spain to add a DSG to the 1.4 is well over €2k extra - it's a lot less in the UK. There are loads of other differences and availability on accessories etc. can vary. For example, you can have the 18" bicolour wheels on the Xcellence.
Yeah thanks for pointing that out, I'll wait to see what they come out with here because with no uniform pricing across the board we're going to have a lot of different experiences from users from varying countries.

Weird how they limit certain choices depending where you from! Must make business sense for Seat/car manufacturers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fred99 said:
I know its different for each country. I only compared Italy pricing. I didnt say it will be exactly same in UK or other countries. Italy Seat page is only one that has listed FR and prices. I was curious to see how it looks there. I should not link here anything outside from UK as people tend to take things as grain of sault. I thought seeing what information is availaible is good to know and share.

FR has already very nice alloyes and imo wont need to change where Xcellence to get similar would need to get optional bicolor version.

But basic rule is that if FR has exactly same package but has fully body colored exteriour and only DSG for almost same price as Xcellence then most will change to FR as its common sence. Why pay for xcellence trim if you could get FR version (X logo on steering wheel isnt that much of a deal). Will see how it turns out for other countries.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got told by a dealer today that order book opening has been pushed back from this month to 3rd July. If you want to look at the price list it is on the carfile.net website as well now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Germans got updated also but they are dissapointed and even angry. No new Red velvet color for FR yet and seems like they need to pay more for missing things compared to Xcellence. They felt being ripped off by Seat.
So whats missing is Keyless Entry & Go System, Electronic package (light sensor for Coming & Leaving Home function, rain sensor,
(Inside mirror can be dimmed automatically). There seems to be one more item but i dont understand german what it is exactly. Also stock rims for FR dont look very good and optional 19" that we have seen from advertisement pics cost quite a lot more as extra.

Good news is that manual gearbox 1.4 TSI is available for at least some countries.

So it looks like thats the biggest difference of FR and Xcellence trim. You get more sportier look but missing out some features unless paying more.

·
Registered
931 Posts
supreme said:
Germans got updated also but they are dissapointed and even angry. No new Red velvet color for FR yet and seems like they need to pay more for missing things compared to Xcellence. They felt being ripped off by Seat.
'
Talk about bottle half full !!!

1: Unless they're being forced to buy an FR it's just plain silly to think anyone is being 'ripped off'

2: SEAT might argue just goes to show what a bargain Xcellence trim is. And I'd agree.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts