Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PIcked up my new addition last Monday, had previously specced up new car but was offered the spec below, and to get best price out of my old car rather than wait i compromised on my spec, have enjoyed every minute of it so far. had a couple of people nearly screw their heads off to have a look, and i have not seen another one on the road yet, normally once you buy new car you see loads, but not yet, will post pics when cleaned and weather is better, have ordered rear bumper protector and also have rear tray ( free from Dealer) have also modded key to fit the VW mk7 chrome cap makes it look that much more high end

will keep posted on any other mods

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Greetings and wireless charging works OK I presume ?.

I'm sure I might be a happy Ateca owner tomorrow if I didn't feel cheated out of part of the spec that I bought and the measly sum offered. On the positive side Confused found me a very good insurance cost whilst the car was so new my current insurer couldn't find it in their database although Confused had for them, so they waved their cancellation charge excepting that they couldn't match the best that Confused had, although I did this process in September but hadn't twigged my profile as retired, so it's not costing me anything extra to insure from what I paid to insure my Altea in September for and this will run to November next year. Increased my power to wait ratio by 40 percent but it costs the same to insure :). Possibly reflecting our retired status did the trick rather than being a management consultant and a civil servant.

May be not over specing worked for you else you could have bought an Ateca where they failed to build in wireless charging....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have not got wireless case yet, did not realise you needed one it also seems a bit of a chore as you also have to have a wireless charger at home if not you will have to keep un-plugging the case ??, also when you have full link you have to plug the phone in any way so it charges it then anyway,
I opted for the free 5 day Seat insurance and they did not even have the car had to insure through Seat as an ibiza FR ?? My insurance company Quote me happy was not a problem, Ateca is also not listed on the My Seat in the list of vehicles, the only down side to having such a new model

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was working against the clock on the insurance. Due to the deleted wireless charger issue talked about on the other thread and arguing the case with customer support it slipped my mind until I saw an email from Confused saying you have 1 day left to insure your vehicle. Those hassle emails can be useful. Good news it pushed it to after 5PM so Kwikfit insurance couldn't contact another department since my car wasn't listed, so they had to wave the £50 cancellation fee. A bright spot in the day. A chunk of the day was unloading my old car.

I was going to do the Seat one, I had till 8PM to do that. By 6:40 I had stop my old insurance and had 80 minutes to get the best Confused option but if that failed I was going to do the Seat free 5 day cover. The Seat one is with AEGIS so I expect the cost would have come out the same as Kwikfit. I can't complain about £284 living in outer London. Kwikfit was £462.

My deceased brother was into wireless charging being an electronic engineer. I don't mind a few cables myself :). But don't tell Seat that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.