Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought that I would provide an update on the build week of my Ateca.

Seat Customer Services have confirmed today that my Ateca will definitely go into production next week, which is quicker than I expected considering I only ordered it on 26 November.

They did advise me that it takes around 2 months to ship to the UK - is this an accurate estimate as it seems to be a long time?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Jonny said:
I just thought that I would provide an update on the build week of my Ateca.

Seat Customer Services have confirmed today that my Ateca will definitely go into production next week, which is quicker than I expected considering I only ordered it on 26 November.

They did advise me that it takes around 2 months to ship to the UK - is this an accurate estimate as it seems to be a long time?!
I think that is probably worse case :D Mine was built week starting 19th Dec and I got her yesterday so about 5 weeks, and that being over the Christmas period. I think you should get it by 6th March or sooner :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kindness - that's helpful.

As long as it arrives in time so that it is registered before 31 March I will be happy as car tax increases for new vehicles registered after 1 April 2017!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Where you from Jonny?

Seem like you got your car built week pretty fast.

I bought mine in early october, and my build week is in the end of february - i come from Denmark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Simp11,

I'm from the UK.

When I ordered my Ateca at the end of November I was initially told that my build week was the last week of March (week 13).

It has then tumbled since Christmas to week 5!

Hope your Ateca gets built soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing Jonny!

Ordered mine first week in December and had been given a late March delivery estimate, but check in with the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they've moved it up to end February...so excited to get it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Jonny, we have similar spec and mine has tumbled from week 18 to week 5 too! They must have got some more sunroofs in :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drmac that's fantastic news! Our Ateca's will probably be following each other around the production line next week!

You just need to update your signature to week 5!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
:lol: done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
My Ateca, ordered in the U.K. on 8th December 2016, was actually built last week and is now waiting to be taken to a port for shipping.

SEAT Customer Services reckon that it should be delivered to my dealer around the middle of February, which sounds good to me, as I am looking for a 1st March pick up!

I hope that both of yours stay 'on-track' also! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Drmac said:
Jonny, we have similar spec and mine has tumbled from week 18 to week 5 too! They must have got some more sunroofs in :D
Is that what the delay was? I've just heard that my provisional build week has moved forward from week 9 to week 6 - and mine has the sunroof too. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Is that what the delay was? I've just heard that my provisional build week has moved forward from week 9 to week 6 - and mine has the sunroof too. :)
I was only joking but it could be the reason :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Drmac said:
Is that what the delay was? I've just heard that my provisional build week has moved forward from week 9 to week 6 - and mine has the sunroof too. :)
I was only joking but it could be the reason :?:
It's probably as good a reason as any!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I called Seat Uk today, my car is still waiting at the port. It's been sat there since last Monday apparently. I was told it could be another 4 weeks till I get my hands on her :(

Jonny have you had any updates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Drmac said:
I called Seat Uk today, my car is still waiting at the port. It's been sat there since last Monday apparently. I was told it could be another 4 weeks till I get my hands on her :(

Jonny have you had any updates?
Mine is at port as well, uk port I believe. Had no further update than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I spoke to Seat Customer Services at the end of last week and they confirmed that my car left the production line last Monday (6 Feb).

It is currently on its way to the Port in Emden in Germany and they said it takes around 3 weeks to get to my dealer.

I think I will give them a call tomorrow to see if it has arrived or even departed Emden yet.

Now that it has been built I'm quite relaxed as I'm not taking delivery until 1 April therefore there is plenty of time for it to arrive at my dealer.

I will post an update when I receive an update - please do the same when you hear something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Will do Jonny.

I was hoping for 1st March delivery, my missus is getting fed up of me going on about too :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It must be women as my wife is fed up of hearing about the progress!

I would have collected it earlier but we are away in March and I didn't want to park it in an airport car park immediately after taking delivery. We land back in the UK late on 31 March and I have arranged with my dealer to collect it on 1 April. I think the wife might hear lots more about it while we are away!! 😆
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Drmac,

I've just spoken to Seat Customer Services and they said that my Ateca has arrived at Emden and is awaiting allocation to a vessel!

I don't know how long this process takes, however they advised that I give them a call back in a week's time!

It might be worth you obtaining an update towards the end of the week to see if yours has made it onto a boat as it is highly likely that ours will be travelling on the same vessel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Jonny said:
Hi Drmac,

I've just spoken to Seat Customer Services and they said that my Ateca has arrived at Emden and is awaiting allocation to a vessel!

I don't know how long this process takes, however they advised that I give them a call back in a week's time!

It might be worth you obtaining an update towards the end of the week to see if yours has made it onto a boat as it is highly likely that ours will be travelling on the same vessel.
If it helps, mine arrived at Emden on 23rd December and I collected from the dealer on 21st January.
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top