Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've browsed through the forum for the last couple of weeks and really enjoyed some of the discussions and content people have been providing.

I was looking for some in-depth reviews of the Ateca since I haven't driven one myself and thought the community here might enjoy the following videos:

and

Around 53 minutes long so covers pretty much all aspects of the car from a European point of view but all the of the video's are in accented English, easily understood :)

A little about myself.I currently drive an Ibiza 1.2 fr (I'm in my early 20's) and having bought my first house with my Fiancé last year i'm taking the inevitable steps towards a family so will be needing a much bigger vehicle than my current 3dr!! I also have a lively Labradoodle so again a bigger car is in dire need! My current PCP deal is up in August 2017 so hoping to get an Ateca around then as i've fallen in love with them from near announcement!

Hope all have a great Christmas and New Year and finally get/enjoy their new Ateca.

Cheers

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the forum NorthernRY. Thomas and his Autogefühl reviews on the Ateca have been quite heavily discussed on the forum and is a particular favorite of mine and others such as Tell. Its always useful to bring them up again for new members to spot. I always like to trawl the tinterweb and find new reviews, so have a look at my previous posts and you will find quite a few other in depth reviews to watch as well :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thing about Thomas is he's a proper car design person rather than the amateurs you get in the others. I suspect he's got some degree in car engineering and design or something, so tells you the about the finer points of the design. I must look at the 4Drive DSG TDI one that Leon mentioned tonight.

I got that sort of wrong about his background but he is pretty accomplished.

http://www.autogefuehl.de/autoren/thomas-majchrzak/

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.autogefuehl.de/autoren/thomas-majchrzak/&prev=search

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah I haven't trawled as heavily though the forum as I thought, missed the discussion on Thomas's reviews. Great content all the same!

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to getting the excitement you guys are having when I finally order my Ateca next summer.

Yea Tell he does appear to have a real knowledge about cars and their finer points - He seems to like the Ateca too!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also Kindness, turns out we're from a similar neck of the woods - County Durham here! (Also a Toon fan) :D

My current Seat is from Pulman at Sunderland but judging from the pricing when I've had a shop around I think other places are cheaper for the Ateca

·
Registered
979 Posts
NorthernRY said:
Also Kindness, turns out we're from a similar neck of the woods - County Durham here! (Also a Toon fan) :D

My current Seat is from Pulman at Sunderland but judging from the pricing when I've had a shop around I think other places are cheaper for the Ateca
Yay another North easterner :p
Why wait till August for new car? If you have a 4 year pcp you have usually paid enough after three years so it's worth the same as what's left. Go to a dealership and you can trade it in. That's what I've done. My duster pcp doesn't end till October next year. I would recommend Arnold Clark seat dealers as they seem to give the biggest discount, and pretty sure there is one fairly close to you. You can also bring down the monthly payment by saying you only do say 7000 miles a year. Doesn't matter when you trade them in after :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Arnold Clark's discount only applied to cars in stock when we spoke to them :(

·
Registered
979 Posts
trogette said:
Arnold Clark's discount only applied to cars in stock when we spoke to them :(
Weird the one in Benton, Newcastle gave me all the discounts when I ordered mine in August before it was even released in September :?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum NorthermRY

It's a great car and a head tuner :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah there is an Arnold Clark at Birtley I will check them out: I didn't realise you can finish your PCP contract early I may be getting an early birthday present if I can get an Ateca sooner haha.

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated I love the red Ateca and red trim Saggy hope you are enjoying it!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Holy cow Thomas cant get enough of the Ateca :eek: . Autogefühl have just posted his third full review, this time of the 1.0 TSI

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just watched the video he does seem to like it haha

He mentions how much better it is than a Qashqai if you've driven one after the other - another positive review!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just stumbled across this Polish review of the 1.4 TSI. Check out at around 16 minutes 50 seconds. I sure as hell wouldn't let this guy drive my car or want one after him :lol: :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts