1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yet another classic fail SEAT UK for the stupid decision not to allow the Ateca 1.4Tsi to have the DSG box.

They let you have it with the Leon with three petrol engine choices, the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.8.

Many reviewers all over Europe agree that the 1.4DSG is one of the best combinations available from any manufacturer.

SEAT UK - for God's sake wake up to that fact!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
We are forced to have leather as well on the Xcellence. I think they have very fixed ideas about what UK customers want and just don't provide the same choice that you get in mainland Europe. We know best attitude prevails. I can't think it's done for financial reasons.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't get what the big issue with full leather is?

I think leather / alcantara just looks like the car owner couldn't afford the upgrade and I've got no problem with having full leather.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
David_S said:
I don't get what the big issue with full leather is?

I think leather / alcantara just looks like the car owner couldn't afford the upgrade and I've got no problem with having full leather.
some are vegan

some don't like the fact they can be hot or cold to touch

some don't like the fact you slide about on them

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Exactly.

People like leather since they can wipe it down. The veggie partner was giving me trouble over it, I didn't want it, it's old fashioned, I was brought up with second hand cars, cracked leather seats. In fact they were ex police cars. Why kill an animal to sit on it?. There are a few cows in the upholstery. That's why there is a movement against. So Seat UK didn't offer an alternative which is offered in all of the other mainland Seat markets. That act just stuck two fingers up to vegatians and animal lovers.

Quality alcantara seats are perfectly fine. I would say at risk if upsetting all non Xcellence owners that the fabric in those cars isn't that good. Seats cunning way of having marketing demarcations, cheap and cheerful or expensive leather. So they eek out the premium for the Xcellence. That's why they didn't want Alcantara in the Xcellence, better fabric than is put in the other models.

I haven't got my back right on these seats yet. It could be the tilt which I'm slowly adjusting to see whether I can sort it out. I never had that with the Altea seats of getting out with back pain.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm quite happy to be getting leather seats in mine to be honest, don't tell Thomas though ;) I also found the fabric in the non Xcellence models not very appealing. On a side note I spotted my first Ateca on the road this morning. It was a Rodium grey heading along Sandy Lane near Hazlerigg. I have to say it looked fabulous in that colour. I'm almost tempted to see if I can change my colour to that :eek:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think the shiny leather from old cars was appealing it all, but the leather nowadays is much better in my opinion.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Kindness it wasn't me you saw :). Get it faster if you change the colour... Thomas is a veggie since I know how they speak and his remark about alcantara being animal friendly, the thin wrists and picking up his nut oil from that region :). I'm going to see a Thomas at Xmas, but a different one, a vintner, generally have a walk to the castle if the world isn't being put right. Last year the German migration issue, this year with Brexit I don't think I'll get out the door. Need the walk to the castle to wear off the sipping of his wines before one heads back down the road laden with a few bottles. This is where front seat gaps comes in handy under the floor for the wine boxes and the sparklies stand in the rear footwells. I do like the German way of life.

BTW I haven't seen an orange one yet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've had leather in the last 4 cars and it hadn't even crossed my mind until now that my SE Tech doesn't have it! The cloth seats certainly don't feel any less comfortable and I'd not say they were any less well made. So, I'm still happy either way.
6 weeks of ownership tomorrow and I've still not seen another!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.