Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

By way of introduction, I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now, whilst looking for a new car.

Test drove the Ateca (150 diesel 4drive) a couple of weeks ago and was sold !!

Expensive morning though as I found myself ordering an Xcellence 150 2.0 manual diesel in Nevada White. Only option added was the double boot floor thingy and a five year warranty. Had considered the 1.4 but couldn't be without a car for 20+ weeks! Build week is unconfirmed as week 8.

Graham

·
Registered
918 Posts
Welcome along to the forum, Graham ! :D

Hope you get a quick build date & delivery. It took 13 weeks in total in my case.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good information on here before, and after, you get the car :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum Graham. I'm sure you won't regret it.

I had a few niggles like the factory didn't fit the wireless charger, the virtual pedal was dead, the right hand mirror heater wire unattached, the passenger footwell light missing - I think that's about it, probably missed something. They had a bad few weeks on fitting faulty virtual pedal control units. They had a period of leaving off the wireless charger to UK specified Xcellence with Navigation Plus. So I can't say it hasn't been without trauma getting recompense for the incorrect build on the day of delivery and faults corrected, but all sorted now. Think these build issues may be a thing of the past now.

I had been following the developments of the Ateca for two year prior since I wanted to stay with Seat having had an Altea for 12 years before. I like their design flare which comes from Walter de Silva ex Alfa which went into Seat first but now propagated across the VW brand, although Seat keeps the sporty image. I stayed loyal to Seat although touch and go at one stage.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell said:
Welcome to the forum Graham. I'm sure you won't regret it.

I had a few niggles like the factory didn't fit the wireless charger, the virtual pedal was dead, the right hand mirror heater wire unattached, the passenger footwell light missing - I think that's about it, probably missed something. They had a bad few weeks on fitting faulty virtual pedal control units. They had a period of leaving off the wireless charger to UK specified Xcellence with Navigation Plus. So I can't say it hasn't been without trauma getting recompense for the incorrect build on the day of delivery and faults corrected, but all sorted now. Think these build issues may be a thing of the past now.

I had been following the developments of the Ateca for two year prior since I wanted to stay with Seat having had an Altea for 12 years before. I like their design flare which comes from Walter de Silva ex Alfa which went into Seat first but now propagated across the VW brand, although Seat keeps the sporty image. I stayed loyal to Seat although touch and go at one stage.
Thanks Tell, I think you've been unlucky there. Hopefully the production quality issues are being sorted out now.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Grahamn said:
Tell said:
Hopefully the production quality issues are being sorted out now.
One person reported a screwed up DSG clutch a few days after delivery. I recall a couple of hundred miles but we have not to my knowledge heard any more about that one. They had been using the paddles... (I only do by accident when my hand catches on them). Would be nice to hear the outcome of that one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the Ateca club Graham, it's a great car and I had a delivery date bang on schedule 10 weeks, hope you get the same.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the forum Graham :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.