Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just signed up.
Our company car is up for renewal and without even seeing one in the flesh I've just ordered an Ateca.
Just like the look of it, watched dozens of you tube reviews, and I'm sold, never had a Seat before, and never bought a car without at least a test drive, but decided to just go for it.

Gone for an SE 1.6tdi, in silver, with privacy glass.
Delivery Eta Nov 24th.

My local dealer has the LHD in for a day on 4th aug so will be popping down then for my first look of a real one. Hope I like it??

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Congratulations. I have sat in one twice. Your standard VW build quality and components with Seat design flare.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just read Robs post in the other section, hopefully i'll see one tomorrow in Cardiff St Davids centre... :)
Wonder if it will be locked for show only or if I can get a sit in??

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm sure if you ask nicely. I got to sit in both and the last one they just left me alone with it so I had a good play. That was a very low key affair the other was a trade show I invited myself too. They weren't doing much trade so they spent some time with me. I had been watching the development of it for the last eighteen months so wanted to upgrade to 4x4 and pension of my Altea. Happy with Seat but some dealers aren't that brilliant and not having so many outlets as others makes can be an issue if you live close to a duff dealer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have three Seat dealers within about 40 miles, plus as it's a company car leased thru lex we usually get good dealer service as they never want to risk losing such a good contract..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm still agitated that my local Seat garage delivered the car back to me after service and MOT with the turbo boost pipe hanging off. Offering a temporary repair when I got trucked in. Left thinking yes this is the same temporary repair you must have done without telling me when the pipe blew off in the smoke test. Then we have the front suspension repair that loosened off and rattled like a tin can, then last week taking it back for that (after a more trusty Protyre place sorted it out but said there was still a bit of play) they pulled all the rubber seal / bonnet liner out probably looking for corrosion but never put back in place, left hanging, they didn't report any corrosion there either. Complete shower. This is the Seat garage that uses bush car mechanics of bodging. I told them I had ordered a new Ateca but not from them which did give me some satisfaction.

You wouldn't trust a car with all the electronics of an Ateca to a substandard garage. I think this Seat garage is at a lower level to the quick fit ones. The two other SEAT garages I have delt with in twelve years have been excellent, rotten apple one is my closest. The duff service I've had from my local Seat garage was a factor in whether I would buy Seat again, but I did but I'll drive a 40 mile round trip for service now.

On your ETA I have no such date. That might have been a fast one or there are some fleet orders going through to the factory, us mere private purchasers have to wait. I was told you don't get the build date until it's being built or very close to it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the date is an eta based on the return date of our current car. The eta they gave us for that changed several times. In fact they told me an actual delivery date at one point, so I put our car on eBay and sold it, only for them to add another two weeks on the following day.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes, I phoned up my dealer this afternoon to check since I hadn't been given one. I think Seat UK is consolidating orders then will pass them through. This is why Broadspeed (not my dealer) had told me you couldn't order one that was after contacting Seat and that delivery would be January so I should put it on ice etc etc. I think the pre order process is they build up orders and consolidate at a later date. Then there will be that set of First Edition cars they are having built for around launch. I do know my order is with Seat UK which is a good first step :).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well hope mine comes by 24 Nov, as that's the date they take our current car away!!

I was told by local dealer that RHD production starts sept 1st with models hitting showrooms around 10th onwards. Whether that's factual, who knows?
You'd think the first few dozen to roll off would be demonstrators for showrooms to drive sales??
Anyone know how many a day they can roll off?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

I know my dealership has one on the 10th September to test drive. To look at for the first time, the LHD is down my way for the day on 12th August. I get my first edition last week of September or first week October. Starting build date of next week.

Ironically I was informed some customers who ordered early like me on pure faith, but didn't choose a first edition, may get the car before me, middle of September. Odd being a so called first edition but no biggy.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Altea took a month from build date to get to the UK so that's sort of right on those periods, although not coming from Spain. May be there is no shortage of panoramic roofs, hasn't yours got that ?. May be I'll get mine sooner. Since I waited five months before I'm not getting my hopes up, get the bunting out when one gets the build date.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah from being built to getting it is pretty reasonable.

No pano on mine. I wanted the pano but everyone's fears on delays with pano put me off. I need the car asap. Also an SE spec with pano was more expensive than a first edition, but the first edition has loads of extras so was worth picking instead for me :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mines a lease so options just add on monthly cost, the roof was £19pm so decided against it..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Back of the envelope would suggest that would pay for the roof in 4 yours. It's a treat when you do have the roof up but I can see on a stormy day at the sea side, flask of coffee in one hand you might pull the blind back to watch the rain and the clouds move over. Kids love them as I think Ernie said. The other use I expect is when you drop the Lidl pound in the car and loose it, the extra light could come in handy.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We viewed a Qashqai and a c4 Picasso when deciding and the kids loved the roof in those, and we really fancied a roof on the Ateca, but adding paint option and privacy already took us over our intended budget, so just couldn't justify the extra for roof too.
Could have had a fully loaded Qashqai n-connecta with 18s and roof etc, for £16pm less than paying for Ateca, but really liked the Ateca.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts