Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Courtesy of Diesel Car, May 2017, page 70 long term test report.

First there is a preamble about never seeing any Ateca's on the road then that leads into the juicy bit:

• 2,024 Atecas registered in 2016

• 62 percent diesel

• 61 percent two wheel drive

• out of 1,258 diesel engined Atecas sold 52 percent fitted with 1.6 TDI, 48 percent 188 BHP 2.0 TDI (footnote sorry manual 2 litre drivers you don't exist on DC stats... expect they have their knickers in a twist on that one and it just means remainder 2.0 TDI of either)

• out of 766 petrol buyers, 60 percent opted for the 1.0 litre engine, 40 percent 1.4

• third of the drivers opted for Xcellence trim (39 percent), SE 28 percent, SE Technology 23 percent, limited run First edition 9 percent

• just 15 examples of the entry level S trim were bought (1 percent of sales)

Then there is a discussion about people not buying base models on that last one.

On their normal summary on these long terms test

• what's hot: exclusive
  • what's not, no USB port for the kids in the back

Clearly they have had an information pack from Seat UK. Nice to see some figures for the UK. These are 2016 calendar not financial year due to the timing of the publication. Obviously another three months on now.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wow I'm surprised at those figures. I thought there would have been a lot more 1.4 petrol's especially more than the 1.0 ltr. It doesn't quite make sense as the 1.4 seems to still be in short supply :shock:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Perhaps a lot of the original petrol demonstration cars were the 1.0? Judging from member cars i think it's probably gone towards the 1.4 now.
When i first test drove the 1.4 it wasn't registered and the salesman made a comment that they weren't allowed to register it for a while. Could be bluster.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If these stats are only for 2016 then that might well be the case. I would expect if they looked at the number of sales now the 1.4TSI would be a lot higher.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were delays as you say on the 1.4 TSI so 2017 you would expect more and the UK market was skewed to diesel due to delays on the 1.4TSI. 4Drive will be skewed due to the failed 2WD 2 litre diesel ever being launched in manual and DSG. Those are the aspirations of the buyer, what they got in 2016 is the stats.

I can't see the figures in the press offices web pages. I guess the writer emailed the press office and asked for the breakdown unless this level of data can be obtained from Swansea. Still interesting to see the volumes of sales. Rule of thumb the volume is probably 50 percent higher now assuming delivery rate for Jan - March is the same for the last two quarters from launch. Yes, so probably why you don't see too many around. Ie. about 3,000 Ateca's delivered to date.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks Tell.

Whale oil beef hooked!!

That was an interesting, non waffle, worthwhile, fact based post from you, for a change!!
See, you can do it!!! ;)

Finally saw another one whilst in mine today and not in the work van, parked next to a Rhodium XL in B&Q.
When I came back out it was already gone though!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
If the figures were obtained from SEAT then the magazine would have stated that fact. TT has surmised that they have been obtained from SEAT with no actual reference to it. The magazine may have contacted a number of dealers to garner some information and dealers never embellish their sales do they?

Therefore, unless some actual FACTS are given (where's the ubiquitous link TT?) they are not worth the (magazine) paper they're written on. Tedious Tell trying to let everyone see he's in the know! :roll:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ghizzg. I thought you'd like figures since your engine was up their in the volumes. I have to keep the volumes up since it puts me in the lead so others can get jealous and make bad tempered posts, demonstrating their true nature ;).

We need comparable figures now like the number of Nissan Qashqai on the road to put it in context. Round here I've only seen one last November / December time. Drove to Germany and back December, none. None had gone throu Dover port according to the guy that appears at the window and tries to sell you European motoring stuff. Once you move away from the dealerships the volumes thin out.

Leon I do numbers, got two maths degrees, applied mathematian / business researcher / management consultant / twenty year company owner till I put my feet up hence why I need the leg space, so thanks for your contribution. Cause they emailed the press office and asked for a breakdown or attended a Seat event and got a press pack.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Couldn't give a monkeys nuts really on how many volumes of what engine are out there tbh..
Just thought (if it is accurate) that it was interesting reading.. Bit like yourself, I like facts & figures!!

One day too, maybe, one day, you'll get the name right!!
If you search the forum for all the misspelled ones like ghizzg or ghizg or ghizzy, etc, you find them in your posts every single time you quote it incorrectly.
Unless it's on purpose??

Maybe I'll start misspelling yours as TOOL from now on!! Lol.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tell said:
Leon I do numbers, got two maths degrees, applied mathematian / business researcher / management consultant / twenty year company owner till I put my feet up hence why I need the leg space, so thanks for your contribution. Cause they emailed the press office and asked for a breakdown or attended a Seat event and got a press pack.
Yeah but, that could also be pure bullshit like the non-facts. We can only take your word on that. :lol:

If they are official statistics from SEAT they would quote it. They haven't, so they not the company's stats. More like speculation. As for 'I do numbers' ? The only numbers you do are the one's involving racking up your posts! :lol:

Anyway, I thought you ignored my comments?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Leon said:
No percentile for lack of leg room included? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SEAT Ateca driver spotted topping up screen wash!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: - You're now ahead of Fred99 - for the time being at least, Leon :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Thanks Tell.

Whale oil beef hooked!!

That was an interesting, non waffle, worthwhile, fact based post from you, for a change!!
See, you can do it!!! ;)
Agreed Ghiggz (see, its not that hard to spell, is it ? :p ) - but it won't be long before Tell goes all "Roger Irrelevant" on us again; of that I'm certain !

·
Registered
918 Posts
Leon said:
If the figures were obtained from SEAT then the magazine would have stated that fact. TT has surmised that they have been obtained from SEAT with no actual reference to it. The magazine may have contacted a number of dealers to garner some information and dealers never embellish their sales do they?

Therefore, unless some actual FACTS are given (where's the ubiquitous link TT?) they are not worth the (magazine) paper they're written on. Tedious Tell trying to let everyone see he's in the know! :roll:
Exactly - could at least have some of the figures come from this lot?

https://www.smmt.co.uk/

Just a thought !

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
I have to keep the volumes up since it puts me in the lead so others can get jealous and make bad tempered posts, demonstrating their true nature ;).
Yup - somebody is only interested in being "No. 1 Poster" irrespective of content !

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ghiggz said:
One day too, maybe, one day, you'll get the name right!!
If you search the forum for all the misspelled ones like ghizzg or ghizg or ghizzy, etc, you find them in your posts every single time you quote it incorrectly.
Unless it's on purpose??

Maybe I'll start misspelling yours as TOOL from now on!! Lol.
Nah - how about misspelling it as "Toll", as that's what its starting to take on this forum, Ghiggz ! :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Aright lads let's settle down, turning every thread into bitch fest is getting counter productive and as annoying as the subject of said fest at times! We've all rolled our eyes myself included and I've had a dig myself but lets either rise above it and just crack on using this as a information resource as well as build a 'community' as such. Posts like Kindness Ateca car stickers and the feel good vibe of that thread are what kept me checking the forum, just people being helpful.

Really surprised that the 1.4 sold less than the 1.0! Considering the wait times of members on here and just the fact that it's a decent sized car and though it's a great little engine just the number '1.0' puts off some people I've spoken to about the Ateca.

I'd like to see the stats next year when the Ateca has had a full year and people see how nice it looks on the road I think it'll end up with a decent market share. We'll also get to see how the new 2.0 engine and Fr trim will do.

I'm also looking forward to Autogefuhl doing a review of the Ateca cupra too :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.