Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow check out this video. Yes I know it's in French but listen around 3 minutes in how quite it sounds compared to when he opens the door a minute later. That is some impressive soundproofing they have managed to do :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Seemed to be red leather. I can say that colour is not available in the UK. There is brown and black in Ireland.

It does as you say shut out the background noise when he shuts the doors. Some reports say wind noise at speed in the Ateca.

The Altea had an early sound problem of rustling caused by wind at 60 MPH and above. Seat fixed it by fitting rubber seals inside the door mirror assembly. The catch was the first six months of production didn't have these fitted, then they started to fit them. Seat dealers denied any knowledge of this issue, but on the other forum one of the knowledgable guys gave the part number. I ordered them from a dealer up north and fitted them myself - they cost about £2-50 including postage. You had to take off each door mirror from the body of the car, put the gasket inside and refit. It did stop the noise. Basically the wind got into the mirror assembly and caused a rustling sound. I'm hoping there won't be any little issues like this. I'm sure we will all be exchanging tips when we get the car on issues.

The Altea also has a wind driving correction to the steering so in a cross wind you don't feel you are pulling it back, I'm sure this will be carried over to the Ateca. I think without checking all the Atecas have the variable speed power steering, Tiguan it was extra. I suspect this has a bearing on the auto crosswind compensation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.