Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Least it's though to be Orange, partner colour blind, really a dark Orange.... man with baby motoring in Chelmsford. They are about.... :). Didn't really get down to the model, lot of chrome and it said emotive, but they look alright thou.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It is pretty dark. They had the small car samples with the paint job on them at my dealership yesterday, went in to sign the next 4 years of my life away!

It helps that you could specifically see what the colour looks like on the metal. It's nice:) can't wait to see mine! Btw the lava blue is very very dark, but also very nice. A fully specced out Xcellence in Jungle green was actually in showroom as well, also wasn't bad but maybe a bit wishy washy for me. I will take a picture of colour samples on Thursday when I pick up the car.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had seen one picture where the orange did look darker than I expected and wondered whether that was the right colour. Anyhow the partner did say it was Rover like and a bit smaller than expected once on the road. They had a good look since were running into a round about parraell, the Army and Navy for those that know the area, perhaps the guy will put their hand up.

I thought the Jungle Green would be a tropical frog green, not the green it is, to me it looks like an old Fiat colour from pictures I've seen. This colour....

https://e-a.d-cd.net/d6a811u-960.jpg

You need to take the models outside, slap them on a white car, then you might get the correct colour balance. All of this picking your colour has been tricky without seeing the colour on the car, agreed. I did see Rhodium Grey on the car in May in artifical light (representing my extensive fleet at the Fleet Show) and a lass at Seat Carlisle showed me the colour on some other Seats outside. Without annoying people who went for silver I became a bit agitated that it was yesterday's colour and decided that I would regret it or could regret it. Only battered old cars you see in bright silver round. Probably a retro colour :). We stand together Orange and Rhodium Grey. Black magic... is that a colour ?.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you returned them afterwards... that's sort of burnt orange which may be where the Samoa bit comes from. Top Rhodium Grey, Lava Blue and Samoa Orange. I'll do a colour check with the partner latter. Thanks Ghiggz.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My local dealer just sold a Lava blue this week... posted this pic on their 'twittor'!!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
If that's the Samoa Orange it must be a very bad example or a dodgy photo. It should be much brighter.

I have always thought the paint samples do not look anything like reality. Most of them have been sitting in the showroom for years and changed colour. Most of the metallic colours only look their best in bright sunlight.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah well I did give Magpie photographic guidance on getting them outside in bright light... Ghiggz got in first. We could wait to see Magpies' creation. The new colours won't have been sitting around, so the Samoa Orange will be a brand new colour tester model. Rhodium grey might have been about a bit.

The race is going to be on to get the next photo of the models in daylight. I do grab the model and take it outside to see what it looks like but up to now they haven't had the new colours in the models, Lava Blue, Samoa Orange and hmmm....

The Seat HQ guy told me the new colours were these in May, I duly wrote them down in my note book....

Samoa Orange
Mato Brown
Jungle Green

I'm wondering whether these three colours were completely new to the VW group e.g. Skoda and Seat that share the same pallet had never had these colours before. Lave Blue was a Skoda colour previously, I know that. Then you have the solid blue. Easy enough to check, you configure, save the PDF, get the paint code, then Google it to see whether it comes up against Skoda.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Jungle green and mato brown had been yeti colours for ages ...... even called exactly that

A search saying yeti and the colour will bring you 100's examples

The passion red is the corrida red (used on the Monte Carlo specs)

I suspect most are interchangeable

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't feel so bad now if you didn't take the photo. The partner said on looking at the pictures it wasn't like the bottom one, too light, more like the "launch" colour which is the colour on the home screen of the board.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Saggy said:
Jungle green and mato brown had been yeti colours for ages ...... even called exactly that

A search saying yeti and the colour will bring you 100's examples

The passion red is the corrida red (used on the Monte Carlo specs)

I suspect most are interchangeable
Yes, Seat and Skoda share the same paint mixes but sometimes change the name but the code is the same. This was something that I didn't know until I got to buying the Ateca. VW and Audi are so exclusive they don't share their colours with each other certainly not with their common relatives, even if most of the components are the same.

I spent months telling people to go to Skoda dealerships to see Lava Blue and Mato. Some people didn't get what the little Seat models were. Seat owners are more little boys they get car models to play with, VW have stick on magnet squares a level of sofistication beyond Seat owners.

Incase I've upset any by saying the brilliant silver is pasty, metallic silver reflect back the colour around so I'm just commenting on the pasty colour of Out London and suburbia. Might look better somewhere else, but the colour of beaten up old cars around here.

Heats an issue with darker colours, I might be returning to a hot summer car before the air-conditioning kicks in, especially with the black leather seats. My magenta Citroën use to be very toasty without aircon, soft suspension, like a lounge on wheels. Trips to Lake Constance and beyond were depicted with stickiness and noise from the windows down at the back. You couldn't hear your music due to having to have the windows down so you didn't cook.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had some free time and saw this topic, and than googled -samoa orange- and there is a shit load of Audi R8 in samoa orange :D , it was an exclusive color for Audi two or four years earlier.
Suppose they forwarded to Seat for Ateca launch.. Also suppose that Audi do not use it anymore.
It is a strange color, different on every picture, a lot depends of light and surroundings, sometimes is very dark sometimes bright as Fanta. I prefer dark variant

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have noticed most of the Ateca colours play about in differing lighting...
Its been very sunny here today, mine looked really bright shiny silver today, yesterday it was overcast it looked a lot darker at times.. bordering gunmetal grey!!
The orange looks very dark in some, very bright in others...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It's a nice colour Dougie

I think jungle is pushing it a bit in name though

Is pretty pale

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:

Is pretty pale
Not seen one of those, but these cars are "common as muck" now where I am :lol: :lol:

Neighbour has Black Magic; we have Rhodium Grey; two Silver ones where I work in Stirling; sat beside another black one at lights tonight in Glasgow; seen white Demo model in Stirling too; do think Mato Brown look good in pics but not seen in metal...

·
Registered
425 Posts
mcderms said:
Saggy said:

Is pretty pale
Not seen one of those, but these cars are "common as muck" now where I am :lol: :lol:

Neighbour has Black Magic; we have Rhodium Grey; two Silver ones where I work in Stirling; sat beside another black one at lights tonight in Glasgow; seen white Demo model in Stirling too; do think Mato Brown look good in pics but not seen in metal...
Two silver ones! Do you work on a council estate?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts