Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
The Tiguan has a softer ride. VW don't share their suspension with Seat. But, the Tiguan costs much more than the Ateca. Depends how crucial you need a soft ride. Cornering in the Ateca is much better. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tend to use Personal Contract Hire for my cars and bizarrely the Tiguan is considerably cheaper under this method, an SEL comes in at over £30 per month cheaper than an equivalent spec Xcellence despite the Seat being over £4,000 cheaper to purchase. I'm in the odd position of finding the Ateca more expensive - go figure!

·
Registered
328 Posts
plusmore said:
I tend to use Personal Contract Hire for my cars and bizarrely the Tiguan is considerably cheaper under this method, an SEL comes in at over £30 per month cheaper than an equivalent spec Xcellence despite the Seat being over £4,000 cheaper to purchase. I'm in the odd position of finding the Ateca more expensive - go figure!
Not sure where you get those prices? I've just looked and a standard SE Nav with 1.4 TSI (same engine but less equipment than my Xcellence) is the same per month but I'd need to stump up £1k more deposit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We drove both before ordering the Ateca. I felt the Tiguan was a little more classy, boot slightly bigger and with a double floor. The suspension was a great deal softer and caused my wife to feel travel sick. The handling was less precise in the Tiguan. I could not have lived with the Tiguan's soft suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.