Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the Mirrorlink in my Ateca working + I am able to use Waze, Google Maps, YouTube videos... everything I mirror from my phone. I am suprised that it works cos I though its not possible at the moment. I know that Waze should be available in Android Auto soon.

Some photos - I will make more + some video in the upcoming days.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Cool...

But Grr just went to try Waze on mine, and mine has decided to stop connecting by mirrorlink altogether now..
Only the other week I was giving Sygic the week trial all working fine, now it won't connect at all..

·
Registered
51 Posts
mike22 said:
Finally got the Mirrorlink in my Ateca working + I am able to use Waze, Google Maps, YouTube videos... everything I mirror from my phone. I am suprised that it works cos I though its not possible at the moment. I know that Waze should be available in Android Auto soon.

Some photos - I will make more + some video in the upcoming days.
What phone are you using Mike?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys you have to keep trying as for me it was also a long way to get the Mirrorlink running. The USB connection has to be set up correctly - you should have options such as charging, media transfer etc.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Ghizz, Drmac - what phones do you have?

·
Registered
283 Posts
mike22 said:
Guys you have to keep trying as for me it was also a long way to get the Mirrorlink running. The USB connection has to be set up correctly - you should have options such as charging, media transfer etc.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Ghizz, Drmac - what phones do you have?
As a relative newbie to Android coming from Apple the USB notification is somewhat low key. In tne notification screen (swipe down from top offscreen) you should have an item for USB options. The default is to lock all of this off but there are 4 options to choose from, probably best to pick the one which involves the maximum data sharing.

I haven't tried Waze and Mirrolink yet (I tend to prefer Google Maps to Waze anyway) but have recently been wrestling with a similar problem connecting my Pixel to my laptop.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mines a galaxy s6.
Ever since I had the car mirrorlink has worked fine for me, ran the SEAT apps but found them useless, as as I said, only the other week I downloaded the Sygic trial app and that worked fine, but not fine enough to fork out for it...
Now it won't connect at all, android auto is still ok though..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Android Auto works well for me, Mirrorlink - did not work, dont know why it works now - did not change any setting or anything so its kinda strange.

Anyways the trick might be to disconnect the cable, wait for the confirmation on the phone asking to allow the connection and after that the mirrorlink should work.

I can mirror everything in my phone - youtube, google maps, waze... but as I mentioned I have to disconnect the cable when switching between apps. Thats because its not natively supported by Mirrorlink.

Once the Waze is available on Android Auto I will not be using Mirrorlink I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts