Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a new ateca xcellence. I got lucky as my local dealer had ordered the car I bought a couple of months ago so it is due this week. The car was exactly as we wanted minus the heated screen.

Anyway, I am looking to find out if the electric tailgate and wireless phone charging is a standard features on the xcellence. I know the "wiggle" feature is an option. I can't seem to find out about the tailgate and the dealer doesn't seem to be useful in providing the information I seek.

·
Registered
979 Posts
WOTMOTORSPORT said:
I have ordered a new ateca xcellence. I got lucky as my local dealer had ordered the car I bought a couple of months ago so it is due this week. The car was exactly as we wanted minus the heated screen.

Anyway, I am looking to find out if the electric tailgate and wireless phone charging is a standard features on the xcellence. I know the "wiggle" feature is an option. I can't seem to find out about the tailgate and the dealer doesn't seem to be useful in providing the information I seek.
Sorry but the electric tailgate isn't standard and only comes bundled when you get the foot wiggle as well. The wireless phone charging however is standard.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The wireless charger is standard unless they misbuild it like they did with mine. That's something to watch out for on the Navigation Plus fitted ones, they are supposed to be on top of that now.

The manual says you have a storage compartment under the seat on the passenger and drivers side for the Xcellence you don't, only on the drivers side. If any of you say you do I'll make another claim on Seat over it. Bits of the manual that aren't right like the drop down reversing mirror, the non existent internal sensor alarm button. I think we mostly have it now. I seem to be the only one with a missing passenger foot light in the UK....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tell said:
The wireless charger is standard unless they misbuild it like they did with mine. That's something to watch out for on the Navigation Plus fitted ones, they are supposed to be on top of that now.

The manual says you have a storage compartment under the seat on the passenger and drivers side for the Xcellence you don't, only on the drivers side. If any of you say you do I'll make another claim on Seat over it. Bits of the manual that aren't right like the drop down reversing mirror, the non existent internal sensor alarm button. I think we mostly have it now. I seem to be the only one with a missing passenger foot light in the UK....
I have see you mention once or twice Tell, that your new Ateca was misbuilt.

Have you ever documented exactly what the problems were on here at all, or is that something I missed?

Thanks! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
They are documented ! :).

Wireless charger issue:

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=320

Missing footwell light issue:

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=421&hilit=passenger+light

I enlisted helpful people to find where the light was on their and Ghiggz photographed his. I've got a picture of mine sans light. The latter is still to be resolved between Seat customer services, the dealer and me. The dealers got to look at it to agree they left the light off when it was built.

I smell a slight rat that they knew about the light but only told me about the wireless charger that I got compensated against by giving me three years free service as the deal I struck before collection. It was made clear that by accepting the car that there was no compensation after, so I stuck my heels in since they were offering £200 in vouchers or whatever I said on that thread. That was wrong the dealer offered that, it could be cash, but it was too low to compensate in my book. Since I was buying the car in cash, the dealer had my money in their bank account and told me on the day it was misbuilt before I left to pick it up. Not best pleased. It was resolved by contract negotiations my specialty before I retired of who blinks first. They were selling me a car that didn't meet the spec.

Ruth had this with their dealer that went out if business on the spare and sound system- don't know how that was resolved financially. I had it on my old Altea where the rear parking sensor option was left off.

So three weeks ago I found that there were Ateca's delivered in Germany the same as mine with only the drivers floor light. I suspect it is due to the same build mistake and in some European country they don't get two footwell light or they just ran out of parts and thought nobody would notice.

Really if you order a lot of options you need to check you got them at pick up, but in my case it was a standard UK Xcellence feature left off, two in fact. Three if someone says they have a passenger storage compartment!.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Getting a little bit anxious after hearing of build issues. I ordered a top end Xcellence DSG with every option except for upgraded alloys at a great price via a broker just before the price increase and whilst this is meant to be my wife's car I am planning to drive it a bit myself and leave the GTR in the garage.

I really will not be impressed if a chunk of my speced build is missing when I get delivery in March.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Make sure both heated wing mirrors work. I had a question on the drivers side. It was cold enough this morning to see steam rising off the passenger side and zero on the drivers side. It's duff or not fitted. Add to my list of build issues. It didn't break, I'd always questioned whether that was working so the dealer will get that one to look at in the new year.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
AndyE14 said:
Getting a little bit anxious after hearing of build issues. I ordered a top end Xcellence DSG with every option except for upgraded alloys at a great price via a broker just before the price increase and whilst this is meant to be my wife's car I am planning to drive it a bit myself and leave the GTR in the garage.

I really will not be impressed if a chunk of my speced build is missing when I get delivery in March.
Everything on mine works fine ..... as it does on the majority.

People don't tend to post to say "everything works"
But they post to say if doesn't so it does give a skewed view

tells car is a freak :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well three things. The wireless charger left off that Seat acknowledged on the day of pick up. Missing passenger footwell light and drivers side heated mirror either missing or not fitted. Possibly this was all created by the Navigation Plus option and they didn't have the proper UK Xcellence build spec. The wireless charger was that, that's been said. Some Ateca's in Germany have been found to have the missing front passenger footwell light. Pass on the prevalence of the heated wing mirrors issue. I hope I've picked up on all of the build / delivery issues now and won't find anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.