Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be a good idea to look at creating a larger version of our forum logo so that we could share it out and get some printed for car window stickers, mugs etc. Other countries forums such as the Italian one have started to do this. Rob our admin is going to have a look at creating a larger version. I thought it would be worth opening it up to see if anyone has the skills to increase the size of the logo to around 6 or 7 inches width without losing it's sharpness. Something along the lines of this which includes the website address, but not as blurry :D

Eye Sky Azure Vision care Font

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
I personally think the car roofline shape in the logo should be changed to look more like the actual Ateca as in the puddle light!!!

Or even use the entire graphic from the puddle light...??

quickly and crudely done before bed, but kinda like this..

There are plenty sellers on the bay that print you proper custom vinyl window stickers if you send them the jpg, for just a few quid each!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah agree Ghiggz that would be a good idea :D It's up to Rob though I guess as I believe he created the Forum. What do you think Rob you think this might be a good idea ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ghiggz said:
I personally think the car roofline shape in the logo should be changed to look more like the actual Ateca as in the puddle light!!!
Or even use the entire graphic from the puddle light...??

quickly and crudely done before bed, but kinda like this..

I *really* like this. Well done on the quick mock-up Ghiggz.
I like the idea of a window sticker but something transparent that shows just logo, name & URL. IMHO :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rojam said:
I *really* like this. Well done on the quick mock-up Ghiggz.
I like the idea of a window sticker but something transparent that shows just logo, name & URL. IMHO :)
I've been looking at that rojam and the only problem with having a transparent background is that you just cant see the image, especially darker colours :? They tend to recommend having a coloured background for contrast to make it visible. So was thinking of leaving in the themed blue background and trying these decals

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/14e/A4-Inkjet-Creative-Vinyl-Stickers-Matt-Sheets/B001W9LJ94/ref=sr_1_2?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1491545193&sr=1-2&keywords=inkjet+window+decals

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to run dubnortheast forums and we used to mass produce these type of things for club members.

It is possible to have them without a background and depends on what color people want but all white would be good.

If you stick an all white one of them on a window it'll show up so I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could even do away with the .co.uk tbh, anyone who see's the sticker and has any interest only has to google ateca forums and you guys are top result.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GTunney said:
Cleaned up the logo of the car as it was very pixelated, Used the Ateca / SEAT font for the Ateca and also moved the text down a little.

2.jpg
Thanks GTunney that looks really good :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only other thing I have just thought of GTunney is that if using white on transparent decals we couldn't print these ourselves as you can't print white :? Where did you get the dubnortheast ones from?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kindness71 said:
The only other thing I have just thought of GTunney is that if using white on transparent decals we couldn't print these ourselves as you can't print white :? Where did you get the dubnortheast ones from?
We used a sign company called Rapid9, we got 100's printed in each colour and used to sell them at our car meets.

Slightly different scenario to atecaforums but they could still be sold via the forum.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Skoda forum, "Briskoda" have their own stickers. It might be worth a word with them.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I think we have a couple of choices here

1. Buy our own inkjet printable labels and print them including the blue forum background
2. Use a white image that will need to be sent to a printing company to print a small amount off as we cant print white ourselves :roll:

With number 1 I don't mind getting the decal paper, printing it off and posting it out to people at cost price, say about £1.50 each? With number 2 it gets a bit more difficult as the printing companies charge a lot more. I've looked on ebay but they just seem to do text not logos. Anyone else find a good solution?

I also haven't heard back from Rob the admin on whether he wants to change the logo so cant really do anything more till then. Does someone else want to private message him and ask?

Below is GTunney's idea of a logo but in the forum colour :D

View attachment 495

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just the white silhouette with the forum website address below it would look great - have a similar club sticker on my Subaru.

Also a good idea to get them made up to fit to the window internally, for longevity, so reverse-printed in effect.

I'd definitely purchase one or two

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated with co.uk as well.

Hood Azure Font Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Just thought we could actually print our own on transparent stickers if we use the forum blue for the logo instead of white like this, what you think?

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks good in the blue outline to me, but I don't have the slightest idea how to print vinyl stickers myself :?

A bulk order, or somebody who knows what they are doing and are prepared print for all, sound the best ideas to me

·
Registered
778 Posts
Did a quick google for a Digital Reprographics firm, looking for a clear vinyl sticker printing and this was the first place I found:

https://www.diginate.com

Quick quote for clear (100 at 15.6 x 7.3 cm - 6"x3" for the Imperialists, separated out by these guys) came in at a touch under £130. So that's £1.30 each.
:arrow: See: https://www.diginate.com/quote/?product=self-cling-sticker&shape=rectangle&material=clear&supply_option=individuals&diameter=&width=15.6&height=7.3&quantity=100&quote=

Or same spec but with white background came in at £103.
:arrow: See: https://www.diginate.com/quote/?product=self-cling-sticker&shape=rectangle&material=clear&supply_option=individuals&diameter=&width=15.6&height=7.3&quantity=100&quote=

:idea: Note, for some reason when I added those links, if you click through it defaults to USD pricing on my browser (click GBP top right menu bar of the website to fix).

:!: BTW I'm not saying use this specific place, but it's an example of the kind of thing you'd be looking for.

Not too interested in car stickers myself. Get it from my dad I suppose - prefer an empty windscreen all around when I'm in the driver's seat. But if you're looking for somewhere to print some up then this seems like a reasonable starting point AND saves Kindness printing them out himself! :cool:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After a few drinks last night I ordered the clear inkjet window sticker paper from Amazon for £20 :lol: I will let you know what it looks like :D We still however need to here back from Admin Rob that he is ok to change the logo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ah, the old beer goggles :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts