Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know whether any of you with the car have become aware that the volume is adjusted automatically ?. Traffic noise goes up, volume goes up. I normally turn if off if I can. The unit doesn't have this option in its screens.

It's isn't my hearing the MIB2 it has loundness built in, stumbled on this thread

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?6079-Developer-Mode-Access-on-MIB-units

Mib2 you do it via the green screen but you only get the green screen via Vagcom. Put that on the list to tinker with.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
I don't know whether any of you with the car have become aware that the volume is adjusted automatically ?. Traffic noise goes up, volume goes up. I normally turn if off if I can. The unit doesn't have this option in its screens.

It's isn't my hearing the MIB2 it has loundness built in, stumbled on this thread

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?6079-Developer-Mode-Access-on-MIB-units

Mib2 you do it via the green screen but you only get the green screen via Vagcom. Put that on the list to tinker with.
I'm sure on the standard Navi / sound system there is a 'Speed Dependent Volume Control' setting within the Volume Settings, Tell !? :D Determines the extent of volume adjustment as the vehicle speed changes.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It's mentioned in the manual, page 87. It's the same on my Leon system.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Freddie

I see the "GALA". I missed that but I was aware that it was putting the sound up. I turn them off.

I wonder... job for tomorrow whether you turn it off or lesson it's effect. Some VW technical people were putting it off via the green menu, may be the Seat system allows you to turn it off completely. I always turn them off since I can tell the volume being cranked up.

Then perhaps since VW people were getting upset you can't turn the thing off completely, we'll see.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks both I've adjusted it right down to zero via said menu.

Can't find anything about Galileo satellite or Glossnoss or any mention of satellite groups in the 5F ODBELEVEN menu on adaptions (said information unit), lots of other stuff. I don't want to go into the green screen and poke about. The Internet is silent on the subject apart from Vagcom downloads that show the parameter files with the satellite groups mentioned. In this digging I found the green screen method of turning off the Loundness but it's covered in the main menu. Will have to keep digging.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.