Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Pics of car with Thule wing bars & bike racks.
Still very pleased after 2500 miles.
Happy New Year.
Sam.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Is looking very clean.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looking good. How many bikes can you fit with your Thule rails? Never had a multi-bike rack before and I'm debating whether to get a roof rail- or tow ball mounted rack. Need to carry four bikes.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It is a nice car in white

In fact I've not seen a colour that doesn't suit it yet

·
Registered
41 Posts
nice color...

did you get the thule from Seat?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morning All,
Thanks for your kind comments.
Thule 969 wing bars & 775 footpack from Halfords. I googled, printed off cheapest supplier & local Halfords price matched. The supplier is supposed to be within a 20 mile radius of the store you visit but the bike shop I found (based in South Wales) was good enough as the guy in Halfords said they have stores in South Wales!
Three racks (Thule 591) fit easily and I reckon you may be able to fit 4 if you alternate bikes facing front to back, but probably worth checking first. We use a roof box for trips to Ireland hence why I went for roof bars. The Thule 969s are quieter than last bars. I wasn't that impressed with Seat bars ( aero not wing), they also stand high but I'm guessing that is to compensate for cars with panoramic roofs. Worth checking if you have a pan roof that you can fit Thule 969s - if anyone needs any measurements, give me a shout.
Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.