Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we go!

What is the best optional equipment for the Ateca?

For example:

Electric seats?
Fulllink?
Panorama sunroof?

And so on...
Give me yours idea!
Im about to order some exstras, so i would like to know what i cant live without!

·
Registered
163 Posts
- Pano roof
- electric seat
- leather
- fullink
- 360 camera
- virtual pedal

·
Registered
61 Posts
Depends on what you need.

Here are some essential accessories:
- Espresso maker
- Poncho
- Beach volleyball
- Bonnet decals
- Sports pedals

·
Registered
158 Posts
- Fulllink
- Seat Sound
- Heated Windscreen
- Driving assistance pack any will do
- SatNav

All those on top of Xcellence package are good package.

I live in northen Europe so heated windscreen is kinda must, can be exluded if there is no below 0 degree in winter.

I avoided virtual pedal, often can not work well and takes more time to open hatch than manually.
Pano roof lowers car inside headroom a lot. I'm quite tall so are my friends so i rather not want uncomfortable and lack of headroom.
Electric seats - how often i need to change seat positions? Not really often so did not take.
Wireless charging - not really usable if you plan to use fulllink a lot and have to use wire anyway.

·
Registered
979 Posts
- Seat Sound
- electric boot with foot wiggle
- Heated Windscreen
- Double boot

Loving all these extras I added :D Many more I would like to add but skint with getting new kitchen and paying for Cuba trip later in the year :?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Heated windscreen for me.

Wish I'd specified adaptive cruise control and electric tailgate but was put off by the foot wiggle thing which I didn't want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went for heated windscreen (no way do I want to be scraping windows in the cold!)
Heated seats
Adaptive cruise control, park assist and front and rear parking sensors
I did also go for the electric boot, but more for the button to make it close so I don't get dirty fingers!

·
Registered
188 Posts
My favourites:
* power bootlid with virtual pedal (guess who does all the shopping in this household? :roll: )
* panoramic sunroof - I'm 6'2" and find the headroom absolutely fine with this add-on...
* heated windscreen; haven't needed to use it yet, but it will be a Godsend come next winter - we live about 300 yards from the sea, so while it doesn't get frosty often, when it does frost it tends to be a heavy one.
* speed limit sign recognition! My nearest large city is Bristol, where successive car-hating local politicians - not content with so much traffic calming rubbish that it's almost impossible to move in the centre of town already - have decreed a bonkers 20mph limit (chance would be a fine thing!) in large parts of the central area and are doing their best to expand it outward; I swear they won't be happy until they've made private car travel at least as slow, painful, unpredictable and expensive as the local FirstBus public transport monopoly... at which point the city centre will die a horrible death and they'll hopefully all be out of a job!

Honourable mention goes to the double boot floor, which gives me a lovely flat loadspace entry - important when loading and unloading big bags and boxes of heavy kitty litter and dog food.

I would have liked the electrically adjustable driver's seat, but for some unclear reason only known to the muddleheads at SEAT Corporate, it's available in other territories but not in the UK! SEAT Sound was also on my original spec list, but in the 4Drive it conflicts with the double boot floor due to the spare wheel requirement (more muddlehead thinking at SEAT Corporate when finalising the design...) so it had to go.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
In order of preference based on usage so far:-
DSG gearbox
360 camera,
ACC
Power tailgate (it's still useful even if you don't use the foot option. Just use the key fob or the switch on the dashboard)
Park assist (if only for the front sensors)
Lane assist/Traffic jam assist
Seat Sound

Don't have but should have ordered
Double boot floor

Don't have - don't want
Leather - I prefer the non UK Alcantara option
Sunroof - too much sun here and too hot to open it for half the year
Electric seats - not a big deal without - might have been tempted if they had memory.
4WD

·
Registered
188 Posts
I thought the 360 camera would be really helpful, but in practice I'm not using it much. It's handy to have, but maybe I'm just used to using plain old eyeballs to see where I'm positioned on the road?

I've got the ACC but haven't had occasion to use it yet. Ditto Park Assist, Lane Assist and Traffic Jam Assist.

·
Registered
931 Posts
kelly said:
I went for heated windscreen (no way do I want to be scraping windows in the cold!)
I keep hearing this about a heated windscreen but they never explain how they clear the side windows. :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
kelly said:
I keep hearing this about a heated windscreen but they never explain how they clear the side windows. :D
That's what my illuminous green Skoda ice scraper in the petrol flap is for ;) nah they seem to clear quick anyway, not sure if its the heat from the blowers against the side windows or from the heat from the heated wing mirrors :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
kelly said:
I scrape the side and in the time takes do them windscreen is clear

I am short so scraping middle of windscreen is a problem without draping myself right across the bonnet and I don't want to do that because of zips on coats etc

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My faves are the ones I added

DSG
Heated windscreen
Electric boot

I'd have liked ACC and some of the other driver packs if I could have afforded it

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorte Per said:
Depends on what you need.

Here are some essential accessories:
- Espresso maker
- Poncho
- Beach volleyball
- Bonnet decals
- Sports pedals
Not forgetting the SEAT sombrero. :lol:

Oh, if only I could have afforded those luxuries.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Saggy said:
I am short so scraping middle of windscreen is a problem without draping myself right across the bonnet and I don't want to do that because of zips on coats etc
For some reason I now have an image of you draped over your car with that Mrs santa costume on :shock: :oops:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Saggy said:
For some reason I now have an image of you draped over your car with that Mrs santa costume on :shock: :oops:
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
283 Posts
We have pretty much every option.

I love the sunroof, lane assist, virtual pedal. Puddle lights, top view camera, heated windscreen and electric driver seat adjustment at the moment.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Saggy said:
Golfmk56 said:
kelly said:
I scrape the side and in the time takes do them windscreen is clear

Heated windscreen - £160 or £335 depending on model.

De-icer - £1 from Poundstore - does the same job, it's quicker, you don't have that constant 'haze' over the windscreen which is a by-product of the elements ...and you don't have to bend over! :lol:

Seriously, I've had heated windscreens which were std on my Fords - they got used a few times a year. Put it another way, would anyone here pay someone £10 to clear ice off their windscreen? because that's what it'll work out at the number of times it's used.

PS - they're a pain-in-the-butt and more expensive to replace when you get a stone chip (been there, seen it, done it) and repairing windscreens (favoured by insurance companies) is out of the question!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Each to their own Golf :)
Once upon a time I might have weighed up all the sensible things you said about this (and other stuff other times) but now I just go with what makes me happy :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts