Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking at ordering a 1.4 petrol Xcellence with power tailgate and heated front screen.

Dealer pricing from £330 to £365 before I include a deposit, then drops about £20 a month per £1000 PX or cash deposit.

Anyone negotiate a discount from a Mail dealer, or recommend a third party supplier on PCP?

If your willing share your finance quote and let's see where the best deals are!

TIA

Darren

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi

I got a PCP at 4.2% over 49 mths and lump to pay at end

diff spec car though so can't compare monthly payment

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saggy said:
Hi

I got a PCP at 4.2% over 49 mths and lump to pay at end

diff spec car though so can't compare monthly payment
Thanks for the quick reply Saggy, main dealer or third party?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have you thought about PCH? My monthly for an Xcellence is far less than what you have been quoted... and I am only paying one months deposit up front

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott1988 said:
Have you thought about PCH? My monthly for an Xcellence is far less than what you have been quoted... and I am only paying one months deposit up front
Is that leasing? I haven't really looked at other options, what sort of saving could I be looking at?

·
Registered
160 Posts
DazzGreen said:
Scott1988 said:
Is that leasing? I haven't really looked at other options, what sort of saving could I be looking at?
Yeah it's leasing... biggest difference is you don't have the option to buy at the end and you can't really get out of the contract part way through. If you plan on keeping your car for the full 3 years and intend to switch it anyway then it might be better for you.

I got my Xcellence for 277 a month with one month up front so quite a saving!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi Darren I've got the same spec as your after plus SEAT sound system. I got my PCP from Arnold Clarks and with a £2000 deposit I'm paying £274 a month over 4 years. The trick to knocking down the price on a PCP is to state you do less miles. I put mine down as 7000 even though I probably do more like 11000. It doesn't really matter and you wont have to pay for the extra miles (7.2p a mile) unless you hand the car back at the end of the term and don't get anything else. If you part ex it or sell it yourself it doesn't matter ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I didn't do that trick Kindness :(

However my lump to pay at end should be favourable should I buy or even if trade in I should have more equity in her than if I'd paid less per month as total cost is same but just the spread that is different

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've bought mine on HP but got £4000 off list price from a main dealer (Stoneacre Doncaster).

I can't recommend the dealer enough and sales manager said he would look after all customers that I recommend to them! Message me if you want details!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Leasing 1.6Tdi SE Tech here, but needing to put 25k a year on it. Think I got a decent deal at £325 with 3 months up front. Was happy to pay more for some of the extras, but didn't fancy the wait so took what was available in stock.
I used Walker Vehicle Solutions if anyone is looking for a higher mileage deal, they seemed reasonable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Scott1988 I did the same as you and got pch thought as I never used pcp option on my ibiza fr.got 1.4 xcellence rodium grey on 6000 miles a year £800 deposit and £250 a month

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a 1.4 xcellence with xcellence pack, heated windscreen and 19" wheels, total was 24,200. Pentagon Scunthorpe had RRP at 22022 so I used this to barter with York and got slightly better deal to go with them
Trading in a vehicle, and took a personal loan at 2.9% from TSB, rather than dealer HP (which is often far higher APR)

My vehicle just arrived in UK port, either yesterday or today. pick up next week I imagine

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have got the base model Seat Ateca @ £175 deposit + £175 per month (24 months @ 8000 miles p/yr) plus £240 admin fee.

It could have been £165 deposit and monthly, however I upgraded to Bila White.

·
Registered
218 Posts
riktrik said:
I ordered a 1.4 xcellence with xcellence pack, heated windscreen and 19" wheels, total was 24,200. Pentagon Scunthorpe had RRP at 22022 so I used this to barter with York and got slightly better deal to go with them
Trading in a vehicle, and took a personal loan at 2.9% from TSB, rather than dealer HP (which is often far higher APR)

My vehicle just arrived in UK port, either yesterday or today. pick up next week I imagine
You might be a bit optimistic expecting to take delivery of it next week as mine took almost 2 weeks to reach my dealer last Friday!

I am paying £26,042 for all of the spec listed in my signature below. This price also includes the additional 2 year warranty and £1700 of accessories.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My first edition was £2600 deposit (1600 from me, 1k from dealer). That's 260 a month for 4 years at just under 5% Apr. 8000 mile limit a year. Car price was £22,210.

I have heard unless you absolutely smash the mileage limit when you hand the car back the dealer doesn't mind if it's a few thousand over, as long as you are repeat business and buy another Seat (or in my case any other brand my dealership sells). I have previously done 10k mileage limits and not got close, but you never get any benefit from having miles in the bank when I returned it. So I cut it to 8000 this time. Sticking to mileage is important if the car ends up being given back to the finance company however, i.e you finish your deal and don't want to do another pcp or buy another car.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Magpie86 said:
My first edition was £2600 deposit (1600 from me, 1k from dealer). That's 260 a month for 4 years at just under 5% Apr. 8000 mile limit a year. Car price was £22,210.

I have heard unless you absolutely smash the mileage limit when you hand the car back the dealer doesn't mind if it's a few thousand over, as long as you are repeat business and buy another Seat (or in my case any other brand my dealership sells). I have previously done 10k mileage limits and not got close, but you never get any benefit from having miles in the bank when I returned it. So I cut it to 8000 this time. Sticking to mileage is important if the car ends up being given back to the finance company however, i.e you finish your deal and don't want to do another pcp or buy another car.
Totally agree Magpie, you don't want to get pcp with less miles than you will do, if you intend to hand it back at the end of the finance period. I was also surprised to discover this applies if you end up wanting to voluntary terminate your deal. This is the option when as a consumer it is your right to hand the car back to the finance company after paying half. I had intended to hand back my duster in this way and was shocked to discover I would have to pay about 8p per mile for the extra miles I had done. Luckily I managed to sell it privately in the end :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Magpie86 said:

Totally agree Magpie, you don't want to get pcp with less miles than you will do, if you intend to hand it back at the end of the finance period. I was also surprised to discover this applies if you end up wanting to voluntary terminate your deal. This is the option when as a consumer it is your right to hand the car back to the finance company after paying half. I had intended to hand back my duster in this way and was shocked to discover I would have to pay about 8p per mile for the extra miles I had done. Luckily I managed to sell it privately in the end :D
Finance companies will shaft you any way they can! My 500L had to do back to finance, because I couldn't cut a deal with my dealership to take it part ex as the Ateca wasn't available for another 4 months and my 3 year Fiat deal had ended. So it had to go back. They quoted £360 for wingmirror damage (there was an inch mark where the paint had been clipped off), 3 alloys damaged, and bonnet chips which had "rusted"! This was despite being 12000 miles under my 30000 limit. Needless to say after a few shitty emails and phone calls they "re evaluated" and quoted me £49. They had the cheek to say they had already discounted the £360 down from £479 as well!! So always worth arguing the point :lol:

It has made me very careful to not curb the alloys in the Ateca mind!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Magpie86 said:
It has made me very careful to not curb the alloys in the Ateca mind!
Having been 'stung' for £90 for two very small, and barely noticeable marks on the edges of the alloys on a Peugeot 2008 I traded in for my new Ateca, I too plan to be even more careful with my new acquisition!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts