Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
As I mention in my introduction post, I've just ordered so there is still some time to make changes to my final configuration... and the only thing I'm still thinking about is the "Advanced Driving Assistance Pack: Driving Assistance Pack 1 plus blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert."

Does any have this option? Is it worth the upgrade? The question is mainly on the rear cross traffic alert feature, as I usually have to park in places when there is no visibility when moving back.
I never had such a system, I've manged to survive in my current car without it... but the back visibility in the Ateca is a bit smaller then in my old Focus, that is why I thinking about adding it.. still it does cost a bit.
Would appreciate any feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
I have it, but also the 360 camera. So far, no one has been near when I backed out so it has not been activated. The cameras I find are more useful although the 180 degree rear view is a bit odd until you get used to it.

The blind spot monitoring works fine but the little indicators in the mirror are not blindingly obvious in strong daylight. They would be very effective at night, but then you are just as likely to see the other car's windows lights in the mirror. I have vision problems in my left eye and of course my car is LHD so it really is a blind spot. I feel happier having it but I wouldn't rave about it. The top view camera is probably one of the best options of the lot.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
The blind spots useful travelling abroad or weird roundabouts that section traffic off then you find someone where you are not expecting them approaching on the inside to undertake.

On the rear cross yes it does pick these up in car parks. Both are worth having.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing. The 360 camera seems great, but it does not come as standard in my country in the Excellence trim, and the upgrade is pricey. I only have the back camera, which probably will help anyway, but I'm guessing the angle is not that wide to see "what's around the corner" .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Bart said:
I usually have to park in places when there is no visibility when moving back.
...still it does cost a bit.
.
It cost's now't to reverse your car in to those parking spaces then simply drive out. :roll:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Bart said:
Thanks for sharing. The 360 camera seems great, but it does not come as standard in my country in the Excellence trim, and the upgrade is pricey. I only have the back camera, which probably will help anyway, but I'm guessing the angle is not that wide to see "what's around the corner" .
360 isn't standard on UK Xcellences.... reversing in supermarkets, tailgates for shopping are at the back so it's always a bit crazy to me to reverse in to open the tailgate onto another car and lug your shopping down the side panels from the trolley that will be at the front. Sure I'll be accused of something. Probably a male thing to park the car in a silly way at supermarkets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Hi guys,
Just joined the forum. Had been folliwing it since about 1 month.
Regarding Blind Spot alert visibility, it is right that in daylight it is not so visible, but if you put on your turn indicator on that side, it will light up much more powerfull and it will also blink asynchronous to the turn indicator so it will be very obvious. For me, this behavior is very good, since it also should not distract you if you don't need it actually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Tell said:
reversing in supermarkets, tailgates for shopping are at the back so it's always a bit crazy to me to reverse in to open the tailgate onto another car and lug your shopping down the side panels from the trolley that will be at the front. Sure I'll be accused of something. Probably a male thing to park the car in a silly way at supermarkets.
We're not driving RangeRovers or Transit vans, we're driving Focus sized cars. Don't reverse as far back as you can in the parking space and you'll have more than enough room.

As for 'lugging' your shopping - your car is a mere 4.3m long !! What happens when you arrive home, do you drive your car in to the house alongside your kitchen cupboard to save 'lugging' your shopping again? And then drive to the bathroom to save 'lugging' the toilet roll and toothpaste? Talk about poetic licence Tell. :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Cristi said:
Hi guys,
Just joined the forum. Had been folliwing it since about 1 month.
Regarding Blind Spot alert visibility, it is right that in daylight it is not so visible, but if you put on your turn indicator on that side, it will light up much more powerfull and it will also blink asynchronous to the turn indicator so it will be very obvious. For me, this behavior is very good, since it also should not distract you if you don't need it actually.
Thanks for that. Probably why I don't have a problem with it myself. My only problem is that it appears similar to my flashes and floaters eye condition that I have. The flashes are in the corners of the eye, appear orange so look identical as the fabric of the eye tears apart. Bad news when I get them since more floaters will appear after a period. There have been times where I have to do a quick check as to whether the blind spot is going off or another eye episode. When I ordered the car I didn't have the eye condition. The heated windscreen ditto which also appears similar to the floaters but on a lesser scale. The windscreen elements remain fixed whilst the floaters move about with the eye. A consideration for anyone with this condition although in hindsight it's still worth having this feature just makes life more interesting.

The mirror glass has slots in it where the blind spot indicator appears rather than the edge which is the indicator.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Tell said:
reversing in supermarkets, tailgates for shopping are at the back so it's always a bit crazy to me to reverse in to open the tailgate onto another car and lug your shopping down the side panels from the trolley that will be at the front. Sure I'll be accused of something. Probably a male thing to park the car in a silly way at supermarkets.
We're not driving RangeRovers or Transit vans, we're driving Focus sized cars. Don't reverse as far back as you can in the parking space and you'll have more than enough room.

As for 'lugging' your shopping - your car is a mere 4.3m long !! What happens when you arrive home, do you drive your car in to the house alongside your kitchen cupboard to save 'lugging' your shopping again? And then drive to the bathroom to save 'lugging' the toilet roll and toothpaste? Talk about poetic licence Tell. :lol:
Expressed simply you are giving yourself more work by reversing into supermarket car park spaces. People must only do it since they lack the skills to reverse out of tight space. Crazy, you see it on the high street whilst all traffic has to stop whilst someone shunts forwards and backwards since they insist on reversing in. No drive in and back out. It isn't rocket science. I don't want people pushing trolley along the side of my car or clipping it with shopping since they park in a daft manner. Also you have to give them extra space at the front due to their eccentric behaviour or rather lack of reversing skills to get back out. In Japan they ban it due to fumes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
360 very useful the blindspot detection and cross traffic less so in my experience. It is very rare that the blindspot warning alerts me yo something I hadn't seen myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
It only has to do it once to save you a lot of grief!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Blind spot and the traffic alert are great - as my previous car was the smaller Leon I still need to get used to the size of Ateca. Without these assist systems I would be lost I believe :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Bart said:
Hi,
As I mention in my introduction post, I've just ordered so there is still some time to make changes to my final configuration... and the only thing I'm still thinking about is the "Advanced Driving Assistance Pack: Driving Assistance Pack 1 plus blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert."

Does any have this option? Is it worth the upgrade? The question is mainly on the rear cross traffic alert feature, as I usually have to park in places when there is no visibility when moving back.
I never had such a system, I've manged to survive in my current car without it... but the back visibility in the Ateca is a bit smaller then in my old Focus, that is why I thinking about adding it.. still it does cost a bit.
Would appreciate any feedback.
I ordered exactly same assistance package. Has all i need. I didnt get 360 as all the side back or rear and front sensors are enough for me with back camera. 360 is something for those who are still not comfortable with parking or driving very narrow places.
It is also good for 4 wheel version when going offroad to have better view. In city i would not find 360 that much usage anyway. But its up to you.
Rear cross traffic alert is imo best thing from all the extras with any car. Often in city there are blind spots and some crazy drivers so it comes handy and can save your car or other cars from accidental damage.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top