Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all,
Yesterday, the blind spot assist system, stopped working. I don't see the flashing orang light in the side mirrors and the cross traffic warning doesn't work.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to solve it?

Thank you,
Ziv

·
Registered
979 Posts
ziv21 said:
Hi to you all,
Yesterday, the blind spot assist system, stopped working. I don't see the flashing orang light in the side mirrors and the cross traffic warning doesn't work.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to solve it?

Thank you,
Ziv
You've probably just turned it off by mistake in the assistants menu settings. Make sure BSD is ticked :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks you your answer.
I didn't touch anything. It stopped working just like that, out of the blue. Anyway, didn't find any BSD option anywhere... :-/

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but it doesn't help. I already checked the manual and I understand that I have to turn on the engine again. But nothing happened... :-/

·
Registered
979 Posts
But I thought you said you couldn't find the BSD option in the assist menu? If it ain't ticked in there then it wont work.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
When enabled and you start the car you should get a confirmation flash from both sides. If everything is check marked and it's in the MFD under Driver Assist and if it doesn't work then back to the dealer. Trust you don't have the tow bar that has toggled it off as I recall.

I never turn mine off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! everything is OK. I just turn the system on again via the steering wheel and not via the main consul....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes, that's the one.

It's that one in the MFD that dealer's set driver assist functions to off after they have had it in. I think their test equipment defaults them off, don't think the mechanics sits there turning them off before they give you your car back. I've found that a number of times after I headed off from them sorting out my build issues.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is the blindspot wing mirror (cross traffic alert system) included on the Xcellence model? I don't seem to have the little logo thing in my mirrors and havent noticed any lights coming on while driving... would have thought it would either have been included with the Xcellence trim or at least added in the Xcellence pack? A little dissapointed if it's not :/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Pretty sure you have to have got one of the advanced driving packs to have blind spot monitoring and cross traffic alert, it doesn't come as standard on the xcellence or in the pack. I hope so as I've specified it as an extra on the Ateca that I've ordered!

·
Registered
188 Posts
The blindspot detection thingy is NOT included in the XCellence spec or the XCellence pack... it's only included if you pay extra for one of two driver assistance packs, unless they've changed the spec since we ordered ours. It was included in driver assistance pack 2, or would be included in the advanced comfort and driving pack (aka the 'everything' pack) which was only available on the DSG models. I was annoyed at the time, because DA2 had nothing else I wanted but I did want the blindspot warning! In the end we went for the DSG and got the 'everything' pack.

·
Registered
286 Posts
PaulT00 said:
The blindspot detection thingy is NOT included in the XCellence spec or the XCellence pack... it's only included if you pay extra for one of two driver assistance packs, unless they've changed the spec since we ordered ours. It was included in driver assistance pack 2, or would be included in the advanced comfort and driving pack (aka the 'everything' pack) which was only available on the DSG models. I was annoyed at the time, because DA2 had nothing else I wanted but I did want the blindspot warning! In the end we went for the DSG and got the 'everything' pack.
Thats annoying! :(

Thought we'd got it with the car since we asked for the same spec as the demonstrator (which had it). I've just looked through the brochure as well, which is misleading .

I'm still happy with the car, but that was one of its selling points and I feel it's a bit cheeky not including features like this with the top spec model, when they are routinely shown in the add campains.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
PaulT00 said:

Thought we'd got it with the car since we asked for the same spec as the demonstrator (which had it). I've just looked through the brochure as well, which is misleading .

I'm still happy with the car, but that was one of its selling points and I feel it's a bit cheeky not including features like this with the top spec model, when they are routinely shown in the add campains.
Yep, bit cheeky and annoying on the specs - you need to order either Advanced Driving Assistance Pack (if manual gearbox) or Advanced Driving Assistance and Comfort Pack (if DSG). I went for it as I explicity wanted that feature (rear cross + blind spot). Annoyingly you don't get the traffic sign recognition either (unless you get the everything pack which costs £200 more AND spend an extra £1,300 for a DSG!). Then again, that feature I wasn't too fussed about (can't resist my gadgets!).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Etchings said:
Uggzy2014 said:
PaulT00 said:

Yep, bit cheeky and annoying on the specs - you need to order either Advanced Driving Assistance Pack (if manual gearbox) or Advanced Driving Assistance and Comfort Pack (if DSG). I went for it as I explicity wanted that feature (rear cross + blind spot). Annoyingly you don't get the traffic sign recognition either (unless you get the everything pack which costs £200 more AND spend an extra £1,300 for a DSG!). Then again, that feature I wasn't too fussed about (can't resist my gadgets!).
With the Leon the satnav had a very handy traffic sign feature that just went off of the roadmaps, you didnt even need to set a route just flick the nav switch while driving and the speed limit at your currwnt position was displayed, I used it all the time. Havent played with the sat nav on the Ateca yet, hope they havent removed the feature to charge extra for it?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Think it's different features, but don't know if the SatNav is equipped with the POI or not.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
With the Leon the satnav had a very handy traffic sign feature that just went off of the roadmaps, you didnt even need to set a route just flick the nav switch while driving and the speed limit at your currwnt position was displayed, I used it all the time. Havent played with the sat nav on the Ateca yet, hope they havent removed the feature to charge extra for it?
The Ateca sat nav does have this! I think you have to enable it in the menus of the satnav is definitely there, however do not rely on it as some of the roads they have lowered the speed limit about three years ago and it is still showing the old 40 one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
jamesiow said:
Uggzy2014 said:
The Ateca sat nav does have this! I think you have to enable it in the menus of the satnav is definitely there, however do not rely on it as some of the roads they have lowered the speed limit about three years ago and it is still showing the old 40 one.
Yep you are right it, indeed it does! :)

Just been out for a spin and had a play with it, you don't need to enable it, or at least I didn't anyway, it just comes up on its own. Although like a lot of things (media information like song names for instance) it seems to display a bit smaller on the Ateca, but definitely glad it's still there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also came from a mk3 Leon I have after a few weeks of ownership found the satnav in the ATECA to be superior in terms of its route guidance will you get roundabouts or complicated lane arrangements.

·
Registered
286 Posts
jamesiow said:
Also came from a mk3 Leon I have after a few weeks of ownership found the satnav in the ATECA to be superior in terms of its route guidance will you get roundabouts or complicated lane arrangements.
Thats good to know, I was begining to get fed up of being directed along country lanes, Z roads, and dirt tracks regardless of which route option I selected before giving back the Leon! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts