Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've literally joined the group today after ordering my Ateca this past weekend (still waiting on a build date). My dealer (Emmer Green Caversham/Reading) advised not getting the body-kit parts until I've taken delivery of my car. He's worked there a long time and suggested that they don't alway look as good with certain colours so best see once I have the car.

I'm keen to see what these parts look like in the real world and not the brochures. I've ordered the Rodium Grey and I'm looking to get the following:
Front Grill moulding
Fog light moulding
Side door mouldings

I've looked through the pics of those of those of you lucky enough to already have your Ateca but couldn't see this on any of them. If you have these accessories, do yo think they've added something to the look of the Ateca? Are they of good quality? Does the finish of them match with the other 'metallic' parts of the exterior?

I'm really interested particularly in the side door moulding - I've kept the standard 18' alloys of the Xcellence, so interested if the moulding has the same finish or if it is more shiny as the windowsills are?

I'm also looking to get the rear bumper protective moulding as I think it adds some scratch-protection and adds a little more elegance to this great looking car.

Thanks for you views on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I've been looked at the front grill as well and haven't decided yet. I got directed to this post which has front and side items applied to a Rodium Grey car.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=550

Pick my car up tomorrow so I'm going to make a decision once I've got it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NeilW said:
I've been looked at the front grill as well and haven't decided yet. I got directed to this post which has front and side items applied to a Rodium Grey car.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=550

Pick my car up tomorrow so I'm going to make a decision once I've got it.
Thanks for that, NeilW - I think that's helped make my mind up! I definitely want the side door moulding. they really do look something with the Rodium Grey finish. Likewise, with the front grill. In which case, I may as well go for the front fog trims too.

Funny thing was, when ordering, my sales rep said they don't let you include those in the order... I'm buying on a PHP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Hi Rohan and welcome to the ateca club, you got one of the colours that will make the car seem really classy with the chrome bits added, like myself who got the black magic ateca and also added fog covers, door protectors and front grill. They are very expensive items for what they are but once on you know you made the right decision in buying them, they are slightly different colour to window surrounds but don't think they need to be polished chrome down there and front grill is same as top grill. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taffy2 said:
Hi Rohan and welcome to the ateca club, you got one of the colours that will make the car seem really classy with the chrome bits added, like myself who got the black magic ateca and also added fog covers, door protectors and front grill. They are very expensive items for what they are but once on you know you made the right decision in buying them, they are slightly different colour to window surrounds but don't think they need to be polished chrome down there and front grill is same as top grill. :cool:
Thank you, Taffy2 - that's good to hear. I've found it odd that these didn't form part of the actual build. Either way, I think I'll add them once I take delivery of my Ateca. Just playing the waiting game now for build date/delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
I really want the side door mouldings as Med Blue seems to contrast beautifully against the chrome and silver bits. When I look at the car from the side the plain black strip at the bottom looks a bit rubbish in my opinion but £280???? Come on Seat, that's a ridiculous amount to charge for something that really should have been part of the standard car, especially an Xcellence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
I would advise you to have the accessories fitted before the car is registered as Seat gives the parts a 3 year warranty instead of the standard 2 year warranty!

Try and haggle with your dealer. I've ordered £1600 worth of accessories but they are doing them for £1390 which equates to a 13% discount! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jonny said:
I would advise you to have the accessories fitted before the car is registered as Seat gives the parts a 3 year warranty instead of the standard 2 year warranty!

Try and haggle with your dealer. I've ordered £1600 worth of accessories but they are doing them for £1390 which equates to a 13% discount! :D
I'm struggling with this one already! The sales manager at the dealership has said that I can orders the parts (he's suggested waiting to see, once the car is delivered) but they are all post factory fit. Seat surely won't give a 3 year warranty on something they've not fitted at the factory, will they?? :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
The brochure says three years on accessories fitted before first registration.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
I've attached a screenshot of the brochure where it mentions the increased warranty.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
I assume that applies to accessories fitted by the dealer, as opposed to the factory, which I think that most of the 'stick or clip on' bits are anyway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Montala said:
I assume that applies to accessories fitted by the dealer, as opposed to the factory, which I think that most of the 'stick or clip on' bits are anyway?
I'm simply taking a guess at this but it wouldn't be very cost effective for the production line to individually tailor cars. The factory will add 'optional extras' but it would be far more efficient for the dealership to stick on extra pieces of trim.

Regarding the prices quoted above e.g. £280 for a couple of pieces of plastic - do those prices include fitting? If they do then given the hourly rates charged by dealerships then it makes the price a little easier to swallow. But if they don't then... :eek: Is an extra years warranty worth the labour charges?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jonny said:
I've attached a screenshot of the brochure where it mentions the increased warranty.
Thanks, Jonny - that was an interesting read. I have to admit, I'd skipped over that while looking through the accessories brochure. Made the more interesting as I says you may incorporate the cost into financing. My dealer told me they don't do that! Unless there is some distinction in the type of accessory, i.e. a tow-bar or stick-on trims!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
I ordered a few extra bits at point of order (put onto my PCP) , added some more bits later I paid cash for

Dealership fitted everything (including the original bits on main order) for me at no extra charge

They are trained how to do them and I didn't want to attempt ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Saggy said:
I ordered a few extra bits at point of order (put onto my PCP) , added some more bits later I paid cash for

Dealership fitted everything (including the original bits on main order) for me at no extra charge

They are trained how to do them and I didn't want to attempt ....
Thanks, Saggy - may I ask what accessories you ordered that they included in your PCP, please? I was told they couldn't be included! I wonder if it's because the dealers cut is reduced doing it that way?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Rojam said:
Thanks, Saggy - may I ask what accessories you ordered that they included in your PCP, please? I was told they couldn't be included! I wonder if it's because the dealers cut is reduced doing it that way?!?!
Rojam - two thoughts from me in this. Firstly, I think anything that is in the Accessories Brochure is all for dealers to fit, and that factory fit options are those listed in the vehicle brouchure and related price list; that's always been my experience with Vauxhall, Volkswagen and Audi. I have front grill trim, fog light trims, rear bumper trim, tailgate trim, protective sill covers and mudflaps all to go on; purchased from dealer for DIY fit - the factory would not fit any of these.

In terms of not being able to add to your PCP, it seems odd, unless the PCP finance provider (if not VW / SEAT Finance) are unwilling to pay the costs of these upfront as they will add little to the future resale value at the end of the term; alternatively it might just be incorrect information if you challenge it. Hope that helps you. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Yes the prices include the fitting. My view is if they break the accessory or damage my Ateca while fitting the accessory it is their responsibility to put it right and you get an additional years warranty! I experienced this first hand when I had some trims fitted to my Kia Sportage and the dealer caused quite a bit of damage that they had to put right!

I've ordered over £1600 of accessories to be fitted on collection of my Ateca which will be included in my finance agreement, however I am putting in a sizeable deposit from my PX and I am purchasing it on HP rather than PCP (I'm not too sure if that makes a difference).

The sales manager at my dealer had most of the exterior accessories fitted to his demonstrator recently and he said it took them quite a long time to fit. This is probably why the parts seem so expensive for what is essentially just plastic!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top