Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just come back from seeing my baby today. Several things:

a. on the "ear flaps" on the floor cover of the 4Drive with a spare wheel, yes I have them. They were shown by another member on the board but were never on any of the 4Drives I saw from May on. So this is something that has been introduced.

b. I have asked several times about the removal of the plastic form around the spare how easy is it too remove. Nobody has answered no doubt so occupied with reading the manual or 4Drive owners are snooty ;). Answer is very easy, they are not stuck down and you can lift them out. That way it gives you more room to pack stuff around the spare wheel. 4Drive boot spare is at a premium if you have a spare in the underside area since half of that area is taken by the axle and another half by the wheel less the 2" that Seat took away by giving the 4Drive a lip in the boot. I will be removing mine and putting them into store so as to claim as much area as possible under the boot floor. It was a Tiguan dealer that said you could remove the form but I believed that it was stuck down.

c. foot pedal.... ho hum I'm told it doesn't work at the minute since the car isn't fully set up yet. The moment of truth will be next week.

Lastly the dealer has been demonstrating my panoramic roof to punters in the last week and has got sales out of it... mind you it didn't stop him using the lowest trade in value on my old car - basically the additional £500 I got above the standard discount they took back by offering the lowest Glass guide price. The rest of the stuff I ordered seems to be there on the menus and yes I do have the Navigation Plus, it showed the Juke Box on the menu and the Wifi. The safety options are shown on the car set up menu. Everything checks out except the question mark on the virtual pedal.

Because of holidays it waited at the port till it was delivered to the dealer ready for my arrival back home.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not sure I'd be too impressed at my brand new car being used as a demonstrator!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
ohhhhhhh I'll have flappy bits too then :eek: ................ that I can't get to because of a dog crate ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saggy said:
ohhhhhhh I'll have flappy bits too then :eek: ................ that I can't get to because of a dog crate ;)
The flappy bit is the end 6" or so on either side, useful to store Bonios perhaps in the lower area.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David_S said:
Not sure I'd be too impressed at my brand new car being used as a demonstrator!
He mentioned that after he'd knocked off the £500 off the Carwow valuation which tallied with the other one I got in July... Lucky the garage only had it in this last week else he would have sold more on the basis of the Panoramic roof. I think you got to expect that garages will let other people sit in your car before you pick it up. I think it was worth £500 to him in sales.

He was slightly bemused by people ordering cars in odd colours with exceptional delivery times and the 1.4 engine business.

I did also check the autohold that it remembers the settings as discussed elsewhere. e.g. that you never need to normally touch it once set.

On checking as mentioned the car's safety feature menus show up so you can decipher that your car has got what you paid for. The Navigation Plus if you press source will show the Juke Box and Wifi. The Seat Sound system speaker was there with the spare and yes the aerial is currently off it. Must check at pickup that it's been fitted. The panoramic roof blind appeared pretty good, the Tiguan that I looked at seemed to pass more light through it. The car was still in it's transit wrapper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.