Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my lovely Nevada White Ateca last week and am getting to grips with the park assist - still don't use the camera, and KESSY. Can someone tell me how the boot locks with the KESSY thing? Does it automatically sense that you are close and unlock? I can just open the boot without pressing the key or unlocking the doors etc. Is this right? I haven't read through the whole manual so I'm sure the answer is in there somewhere!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went through this myself when I picked up mine yesterday. :D As far as I can work out, the boot unlocks when you open the car doors using KESSY. If you only want to open the boot, you have to use the press button on the key. If anyone knows better, hopefully they will post.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good afternoon,

DSG4WD is wrong, it opens without pressing the fob and re-locks on closing.

Tim

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tim The Pines said:
Good afternoon,

DSG4WD is wrong, it opens without pressing the fob and re-locks on closing.

Tim
So how does it open without pressing the fob? What exactly do you do?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The solenoid switch above the number plate detects the key in proximity in the same way that the doors do. However it only opens the boot and not the doors. Assuming the doors are already locked, on closing it flashes the indicators once to signify it's all locked.

·
Registered
192 Posts
NeilW said:
The solenoid switch above the number plate detects the key in proximity in the same way that the doors do. However it only opens the boot and not the doors. Assuming the doors are already locked, on closing it flashes the indicators once to signify it's all locked.
Yep - just went out and tried it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts