Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember someone asking about brake lights when auto got engaged with a DSG but I can't find the thread.

Well now I have my car, built week 8 2017, I've done some thorough testing by looking in the mirror at night or reflections in windows etc. On my car the brake lights remain on when you take your foot off the pedal once auto hold engages.

Car details in my signature, but it's an Xcellence 190 DSG 4drive.

Not sure who it was, but hope it helps.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell said:
If yours really works like this then Seat have changed something.
It does, otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

They absolutely definitely stay on. I've tried many times just to make sure. Even had the wife check when she followed me home the other day.

It's odd that they don't on yours as when looking around there are people with Passat's, Golfs and other VWs all saying theirs stay on too. It makes me wonder if they changed it when the Ateca first came out and then reverted back.

Here's a thread dating back to 2015 with same behaviour. I found many more but no point putting links to loads of similar threads.

Www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7419

It makes sense given the explanation someone has given "simply a result of how auto hold works, that is by retaining fluid pressure in the footbrake circuits. As the brake light switch is a pressure switch, the lights stay on"

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Mine was built in September, nobody said you are wrong when I pointed out the differences in December with the partner standing behind checking.

As you say VW have changed the behaviour of these over a period which you find on the net. Not dazzling drivers is the right one and putting your foot down on the brake in a stationary queue to say I've stopped if the last person. I'm happy with how mine works since I now no longer feel quilty being an automatic driver and holding it on the brake and dazzling all those behind. Just take my foot off and let autohold do it.

I suspect it must be another VCDS programming adjustment in the unit that they have twigged although I haven't seen it documented. Perhaps they were worried about litigation that autohold meant brake and they needed the brake lights on else a rear collision could lead to be Seat being done perhaps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts