Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I raised an issue on this forum with the brakes as soon as I picked up my Ateca. Basically, the auto/handbrake wouldn't release when I tried to pull away, to the point where the clutch started burning and the car stalled.

When I took it to the dealers, the problem would not present itself, and I looked a bit foolish. And the brakes have been fine ever since, with the problem hardly occurring at all. Until today. Now it's back. With a vengeance.

From the Tiguan forum it seems this has happened to quite a few Tiguans and looks like it relates to the clutch sensors.

It's going to the dealer asap, but just wanted to check whether any of the more recent owners have had anything similar?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had this happen to me, I tried turning the engine off and started again but same problem but when I exited the car and then got back in it was fine

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same has happened to me a few times, but it was because the door was not shut properly. Some problems may well be to with the clutch sensors but mine was purely that simple!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Minnie said:
Same has happened to me a few times, but it was because the door was not shut properly. Some problems may well be to with the clutch sensors but mine was purely that simple!
Yes I had exactly the same after just getting it, until got out and back in and realised it was because I had opened the door to check how far from the line I was in my rubbish parking :oops:

·
Registered
240 Posts
garthebong said:
you have to have your seat belt on
Hmmm not good. Can't use the function for those quick out of the garage distances. Any of these safety features can be tampered with?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
garthebong said:
you have to have your seat belt on
Really? I never have the belt on when I reverse out of my drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Seat has been back to the garage following a bout of not releasing.
They had to contact technical to effect a fix. All ok for a month now it's back again.
Had to turn it off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My former car (Audi A6) had this same feature which I learned in a ... embarrassing way ...
I did have that car only two weeks and I was in a car wash and brake was on. Wash did finish and garage door opened, tried to get out, car wouldn't go ... garage door closed. Had to call to clerk, read manual (who needs those before something happens) meanwhile clerk was on his way, learned U need to have seat belt on (didn't have obviously) for automatic handbrake to go off.
Lesson: RTFM :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mine deff doesn't need seat belt on to use/move the car.
Just started up, drove around a car park and parked again without it on, no issues!!
Just had the seat belt dinger going off that's all.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This is a handy reminder as I'm using the car wash tonight. I did actually pick this bit up in the manual and it's particularly important with the carwash system I use where the front wheels pick up the conveyor belt. If the auto handbrake isn't released, the back wheels will stay put. One slightly stretched Ateca and an angry attendant :oops: .

·
Registered
579 Posts
Not yet with the Ateca but I've lost some sleep over the idea of doing it tonight. The one I use is supposed to be scratch free. Now I'm doubting myself again :roll: .

·
Registered
238 Posts
"Auto car wash" Nooooooo!! :D any car wash which touches the paintwork will scratch. Even hand washing if done wrong will scratch. Sorry having one of my OCD moments :lol:
Im waiting for the weather change so I can clean mine again, it's to hot to wash :roll:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Okay, panic over. Hand washed it instead :roll:

G

·
Golfmk56 said:
You've put your new car thru an auto washer :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I've had mine for two months now, and I have put it thru auto washer 6 times already. For me, car is a utility. But I like it clean. :lol: Fortunately, I have an option to use brushless wash, so the wear and tear is minimal.

My philosophy is, that life is too short for hand washing a car. Not to mention a waxing. :roll:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tet70 said:
Golfmk56 said:
You've put your new car thru an auto washer :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I've had mine for two months now, and I have put it thru auto washer 6 times already. For me, car is a utility. But I like it clean. :lol: Fortunately, I have an option to use brushless wash, so the wear and tear is minimal.

My philosophy is, that life is too short for hand washing a car. Not to mention a waxing. :roll:
I find nothing more relaxing and stress relief washing and waxing my car. I even do my works van just for the hell of it. I spend my whole week in the fast lane with everyone wanting everything yesterday. So i just chill at weekends, when I finish stand back with a beer or two :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts