Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So much for my local dealer offering £1,000 off, Broadspeed now have upto £3,631 off the first editions, close to 15 percent. The discount on the rest don't appear to have changed much.

https://broadspeed.com/new_cars/Seat/Ateca/Choose_Number_Of_Doors/Diesel

RRP and discount last columns:

Manual Seat Ateca 1.6 TDI Ecomotive 115PS First Ed 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £24,305 £3,631
Petrol Manual Seat Ateca 1.0 TSI Ecomotive 115PS First Ed 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £21,995 £3,239
Diesel Auto Seat Ateca 2.0 TDI 190PS Xcellence 5dr SUV Auto 4x4 DSG £29,990 £1,599
Diesel Manual Seat Ateca 2.0 TDI 150PS Xcellence 5dr SUV Manual 4x4 £27,425 £1,419
Diesel Auto Seat Ateca 2.0 TDI 150PS Xcellence 5dr SUV Auto 2WD DSG £27,165 £1,401
Diesel Manual Seat Ateca 2.0 TDI 150PS Xcellence 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £25,815 £1,307
Diesel Auto Seat Ateca 2.0 TDI 150PS SE 5dr SUV Auto 2WD DSG £24,275 £1,199
Petrol Manual Seat Ateca 1.4 TSI 150PS Xcellence 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £23,905 £1,173
Diesel Manual Seat Ateca 2.0 TDI 150PS SE 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £22,930 £1,105
Diesel Manual Seat Ateca 1.6 TDI Ecomotive 115PS SE 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £21,900 £1,033
Petrol Manual Seat Ateca 1.4 TSI 150PS SE 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £21,015 £971
Diesel Manual Seat Ateca 1.6 TDI Ecomotive 115PS S 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £20,175 £912
Petrol Manual Seat Ateca 1.0 TSI Ecomotive 115PS SE 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £19,590 £871
Petrol Manual Seat Ateca 1.0 TSI Ecomotive 115PS S 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £17,990 £759

That sort of suggests Seat didn't shift the volumes they had in mind in the launch period to date for the first editions. Knock off that same percent off the top of the range one and I might consider the leather seats.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I will certainly be slapping it on my dealerships desk! Thanks tell. I know there were only 9 left in orange after one day of pre orders for first edition. I was lucky to get one in orange. No idea on the other 150 in white and grey.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I wanted a First Edition I would slapped it on their desk.

My two local dealers were intransigent about talking about discounts at all at the start of June. Then they magically found discounts at one of the dealers on 20th June and again this Monday from the other dealer. Bit like cold calling disturbing my bliss. What I can draw from this is do an internet check to see what is going on.

If they were offering a 15 percent discount on the 4WD DSG I would consider it accepting the leather upholstery that I don't like, range of colours isn't good. I think I'm reverting to my plan of testing the Ateca in September then I'll do the long wait till they stop playing silly sods on discounts or buy the Tiguan. I might just buy the Tiguan in any case since I can't believe that the value of the Pound against the Euro isn't going to have an effect at some stage on car prices although that will be on the dealers import price. Then there will be economic pressures on buyers which might aid discounts. One expects Nissan prices will be held for a bit which creates a challenge for foreigner manufacturing, so I reckon I can wait for a bit. The discounts will come through ahead of the exchange rate changes. That's to say the discounts will be more than the exchange rate increases that one expects to feed through. Whilst the Ateca will be well built I don't believe it will be a mass product the same as the Altea was to Seat. Biding your time will give a better bargain unless you want a First Edition that is where the prices look more realistic and that does include the stuff Seat already through in as free options. More back of the envelopes on the top spec then.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't expect to get a 3 grand deposit contribution but it will certainly aid me in not getting a derisory 250 quid. I think it has always been best to wait and see. I need a car asap but if the deals don't appear in first 2 weeks of August I will start getting very tetchy. I will still be looking at a 6-8 week wait time to delivery from August so can easily jump to a rival which is more established in the market with a similar ship date, getting my £250 deposit back in the process.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well someone is sitting on the £3,000+ discount if you are not getting it unless Broadspeed are having a high volume discount. It's like some VW dealers that won't use CarWow so some are discounting whilst other dealership chains are not. That means they are pocketing the discount themselves and taking the buyer for a ride. It's a bit cheeky my local dealers offering a £1,000 off where you can get much more elsewhere. It is true that some discount operations don't have the overheads of dealers but since CarWow is built on dealership networks it's clear that those that don't match price are pocketing it if volumes discounts isn't a factor.

I'm told after second quarter, end of September to look for discounts on the Ateca although these coming through now would suggest Seat have done their sums and aren't shifting enough at full RRP in the pre sale. I was also told previously that August would be a possible date for discounts to start to come through this is related to fixing the fleet price that then comes through into the general discounts. In some way things are looking up.

BTW I read an adverse report of the Tiguan R Line handling today on 20" wheels and I still think that a Tiguan will get superseded in a product cycle to the Ateca. You never know I might find the leather seats comfortable when I try it out, but not ideal. The cloth seats are just like the Altea sport, racing bucket seats with good side support and the same height and travel etc. In a mad moment I did consider whether it was possible to get the leather seats covered. Ateca pretty but less practical than the Tiguan in cabin space and use. Tiguan more ugly but more practical but doesn't seem to handle so well on the higher spec, that's a negative on the practical. a plus on the Ateca is you can get heated front windscreen which isn't available on the Tiguan.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are correct. Looks like Seat UK have taken them in hand again. They started off with large discounts in May or so and had to pull them by request. Looks like it's happened again.

On the positive front you can see the direction of travel on the price if they have to keep withdrawing it. I did think it's a bit odd that just the First Editions got the discounts but the rest didn't which would mean that they didn't get the pricing right of the First Editions to all the rest. Reality will be that they haven't got the price right for all of them and hoping for a surge perhaps once they are in the dealers in September. That surge I don't reckon will really happen myself no more than the surge for the Altea in 2004 from Leon owners but I could be proved wrong. Seat dealers tend to be lacklustre, they blame the HQ for not allowing discounts so surprise, surprise they haven't been getting the sales. Meanwhile Seat only gives the dealers showroom cars that they think will sell so you don't see the technology that Seat has in the specs in dealerships since Seat UK doesn't believe it will sell. e.g. the 8" satnav.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But not at the level of these two per this morning which were reflecting the discount level of 15 percent on the First Edition.

Manual Seat Ateca 1.6 TDI Ecomotive 115PS First Ed 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £24,305 £3,631
Petrol Manual Seat Ateca 1.0 TSI Ecomotive 115PS First Ed 5dr SUV Manual 2WD £21,995 £3,239

I see they have knocked another 1 percent off the 190 DSG 4x4 that I'm interested in from this morning, just need this repeated 14 more times. Perhaps someone had a bad day with the calculator in Broadspeed and put all this discount on the First Edition spec but more likely than not they were got at by Seat HQ with a lobby of the dealer network.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am hoping the car wow deals go up before I get pulled in to sort my finance in August. At least I can have a target discount in mind when I talk to them. Think first edition may complicate matters a touch but like I said, I can still walk away no worries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tell said:
BTW I read an adverse report of the Tiguan R Line handling today on 20" wheels and I still think that a Tiguan will get superseded in a product cycle to the Ateca. You never know I might find the leather seats comfortable when I try it out, but not ideal. The cloth seats are just like the Altea sport, racing bucket seats with good side support and the same height and travel etc. In a mad moment I did consider whether it was possible to get the leather seats covered. Ateca pretty but less practical than the Tiguan in cabin space and use. Tiguan more ugly but more practical but doesn't seem to handle so well on the higher spec, that's a negative on the practical. a plus on the Ateca is you can get heated front windscreen which isn't available on the Tiguan.
Where was that report on the 20" wheels? Presumably the ride is just a bit stiffer? I wonder if you could put 19" alloys on as a no-cost option, if it was really noticeable.

The R-Line spec does make the Tiguan look quite premium though I think, whereas it's not much of a looker in the lower trims.

Very odd that Seat can spec a heated windscreen and VW can't on the Tiguan, especially when VW offer it on the Golf/Passat etc. I also couldn't see any mention on the VW configurator of Traffic Jam Assist, weirdly, although it does show up on the Drivethedeal spec page as an option (DSG only obv).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fox said:
Where was that report on the 20" wheels? Presumably the ride is just a bit stiffer? I wonder if you could put 19" alloys on as a no-cost option, if it was really noticeable.

The R-Line spec does make the Tiguan look quite premium though I think, whereas it's not much of a looker in the lower trims.

Very odd that Seat can spec a heated windscreen and VW can't on the Tiguan, especially when VW offer it on the Golf/Passat etc. I also couldn't see any mention on the VW configurator of Traffic Jam Assist, weirdly, although it does show up on the Drivethedeal spec page as an option (DSG only obv).
On the Tiguan R Line handling on 20", page 37 of Diesel Car August 2016 "R Line trim means 20" wheels and sports suspension and that combination is too firm for our tastes. Sure there is some cushioning, but it is too jittery over poorer surfaces, and it's a shame that you can't delete it Audi syle"

After much consideration I decided that the Broadspeed prices were OK if you could get them. Phoned back by the managing director and you can't, Seat won't be taking orders till the end of August, cars available in September are speced and probably sold. January would be delivery if I ordered one. I should put it on ice.

Feels like I've been marched up that hill and down again (second time by Seat). Mute point where Broadspeed got those prices from but the guy said dealers type them in and sometimes get them wrong. Hmmm. Personally I think they will be doing reasonable discounts if the Euro : £ doesn't cause price changes across the board on cars, but they won't be doing them till the First Edition guys get their cars else they would be up in arms, but I suspect they will be paying the RRP on them or taking out a loan or will be told we can sell it to other people, take it or leave it approach. There are modest discounts about on the Ateca (£500 - £1,000) but nothing noteworthy, the Broadspeed ones were the only noteworthy ones, but not worthy enough to be real.

Think I'll wait for those fleet prices to drive down the RRP if that wasn't garbage that I was told. Life in my Altea yet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
When I put my deposit down on the first edition I was told it could be early October and some people could have standard Atecas a week or two earlier than me in late September. In the end my confirmation letter for my first edition states late September.

Whether people could (and still can) place standard orders on blind faith, prepared to pay close to full rrp with the finance deal not yet in place, just in order to get a September (and now presumably October/November) delivery slot I have no idea.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the message reported from Seat would read anything ordered now that isn't a special edition would be held over for manufacture after orders had been consolidated and that consolidation would be from August, delivery from January. Read, RHD have manufacturing slots for the launch but they have been taken and no other orders will be passed on to the factory till latter. This is all hearsay but perhaps explains the lacklustre ability of dealers to provide discounts since Seat UK doesn't really want the orders.

For fear of going off on one about enforced dead animal upholstery on the only 4x4 models (in fact all Xcellence models) if they are factory build to order which they are then UK buyers should get the same colour, upholstery and equipment choices as other European markets. It doesnt cost them anything more for the RHD market to spec as LHD. Ireland gets a different paint choice to us and 4x4 not in Xcellance. Other markets have trim choices in the Xcellence, UK doesn't and that's just a stupid position that Seat UK has taken.

On discounts I'm taking the principle that I'm not buying one till the discounts are realistic so I don't get trumped with people getting higher discounts for cash purchases. Although my experience is the build quality gets worse on cars manufactured latter in production runs as they cut corners. That's some years down the track.

Non cash buyers or renters of vehicles are looking for different packages although PCP figures haven't been good on the Ateca for those quoted as I understand. Can't see with Brexit, people will be tumbling over themselves to take out APR loans as financial uncertainty hits. So the pressure is on Seat not to view the car as a cash cow in the UK.

I'm hoping it doesn't snow this year when I do my pre Xmas Germany trip since I won't have a 4x4. You never know a better player might bring out something better in 2017 worth waiting for. The Alfa SUV for example could be well worth waiting for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Going off on a slight tangent but putting sports suspension on the Tiguan R Line seems a very odd choice to me.

I'd actually have paid the £1,500 over the SEL for the styling kit as I think it makes the car look much more upmarket, but I don't want a really firm, sporty ride - it's a family SUV for heaven's sake!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quite hence my re think on the Tiguan R Line and that it will get a make over much sooner than the Ateca so it's not a car to keep. Ateca is a more pretty car, doesn't have 20" wheels. Said to drive better, has the heated front windscreen, whilst R Line electronic display, more cubby places, move able rear seats. On balance putting up with less flexibility in the cabin I'd settle for the Ateca although not veggie friendly and hot / cold leather seats.

That 57 minute video on the Ateca is quite good. The guy has one on the Tiguan that I haven't seen it yet. Must watch that one. That one was useful in his points re the Ateca v Tiguan.

By this guy and you can index out. German engineering guys at their best.

https://m.youtube.com/c/autogefuehl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.