Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something gone wrong already! :-(

My bonnet release lever on the inside of the car has broken. Tried looking at the engine, just to have a bit of a snoop around. The cabin lever popped the hood, then tried to open the engine and the hidden release catch that you have to move wouldn't budge. Tried every way to get the bonnet up but had no luck. Pushed the bonnet back down and tried popping it again, this time the release lever clicked and suddenly had no tension. No way of popping the hood! Early gremlins! Booked in for next Tuesday for them to have a look.

At least I can still drive the car in the meantime. Still hasn't put me off, getting lots of attention as I drive it round :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Obviously you don't know your own strength and turn green when annoyed. Obviously Fudged wanted to retain her modesty :).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats a shame... but it can be worse.. I crashed my rear window in an old parking garage. There was a metal fence from the next floor sticking out at window level.. driving backwards with the camera (pointing down) and no parkingsensor beeps yet... crashhhh
Everybody is making fun how i managed to crash this fully automated car :roll: :D

Luckily it's only the window, no other damage. Because it's a new car replacement takes a week.. :cry:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sorry to hear that one.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Blackateca ~ I'm sorry but I did laugh

A long time ago My ex boss had a car with about 200 miles on the clock. it was raining. visitor on site and reception across and down a yard. he told me to take his car

I reversed at speed into the 5mph sign ............. the only post on site !
crunched the boot good and proper .... :eek:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Pre rear parking sensors I reversed into a crooked concrete bollard in a forest letting someone pass on a wet night. That scuffed the side of the car. Mothers neighbours use to park bang opposite her drive and on a foggy night that got a clonk from me when I reversed out, alarm went off a treat, I did tell them. Pretty stupid parking outside someone's house so they can't get in and out. Someone did indent at high point on the back of my current car, think possibly a builder with a pipe or something. A tow truck use to get in behind me, that missed the back window but indented around the door.

I will note that the cameras and sensors operate at ground level in the main. I'm sort of hating the first period when I pick up the car. Much more electronics to go wrong as well as user fumbling of the controls.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All fixed. A small rubber stopper (there are two of them either side of the catch on the actual bonnet) had fallen off and got stuck in the latch, making it impossible to move. Also ended up jamming the bonnet release as well which is why the bonnet lever broke as well. Something so simple! Fixed by taking the grill off and removing the stopper, and then reattaching the cable to the lever. Glad it was fixed on the day and no parts needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good to hear! And i have a my new rear window, nothing to see anymore :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Glad you have all got it sorted although I had forgotten about the bonnet release when I said no real issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts