Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the broker Broadspeed's website (amongst others), looking for the Ateca to appear - brokers have to be given the spec as it is finalised by the manufacturer. Sure enough today it pops up!

Very interesting to play around with. Most interesting was the discount - over £4000 on an SE 2WD diesel 150PS in Bila white. Can't quite believe the figures - hope it is not a mistake!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good find, specced up one with 2.0tdi 4x4 150bhp, Black magic, pano roof and space saver

Saving just short of 5k, would like to think these discounts are correct.

Just could do with seeing one in the flesh before making my final decision.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great discounts but almost look too good to be true with a new car introduction. Not sure what this might mean for the resale value a few years down stream? It will be interesting to see what happens when someone (brave) places an order?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah that interests me as well! Keep us posted if anyone does go for it. Does look too good to be true though. Will be interesting to see what my main dealers offer this coming week when orders open.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've been checking this out via other forums for Soda Car introductions and these numbers stack up as being typical. The introduction of the Skoda Octavia III and Rapid Fastback saw similar discounts £4-5K.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that Ernie - good to know that the figures quoted may not be unreasonable! I saw on the Briskoda site that you have been tempted to go for another Yeti - are you still going for it? I like my Yeti but wouldn't have another until Yeti II arrives. I've never got used to the shallow boot (with spare wheel) and the current versions do not have any of the recent MQB innovations. Diesel versions have now added an Adblue tank which I'd rather avoid if I can. Mind you I think Skoda's new Yeti will be better than the Ateca but I can't wait that long.

·
Registered
118 Posts
rkenny, yes we did the deal last Friday, a new L&K 4x4 TDi with a handful of options. The boot, even with the spare, is fine for us. We had wanted the new Yeti II but that seemed to get shunted into the long grass in favour of the Seat version and emphasis on the Kodiak (much too big for us). We tested the Mazda CX 5 but frankly seemed very poor quality internally and ride in comparison hence the decision to go for the FL. The deal we managed to get on the new car, PX and discount etc., means we can still look at the Seat after the launch. We'd prefer a bigger DSG 4x4 efficient petrol rather than desiel but you have to select from what's available at the time. If Seat are anything like Skoda that are likely to extend the option range in a year of so?
I will certainly actively keep up to date with the Seat and contribute to this forum.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Good find thanks!

Don't forget even if you don't buy via the broker, print out all the details and take it to your local dealer to match! I've read good success stories using this method.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got an e-mail from my local dealer saying there may be a delay with the Ateca - see extract below:

"I know SEAT have delayed our ordering to the 1st of June as there has been some issues with data transfer from the factory. So this may mean the configurator is also delayed."

Not good news if true.

This is strange because Broadspeed has a full configurator on line. And configurators have been live for weeks across Europe.

·
Registered
118 Posts
rkenny said:
I got an e-mail from my local dealer saying there may be a delay with the Ateca - see extract below:

"I know SEAT have delayed our ordering to the 1st of June as there has been some issues with data transfer from the factory. So this may mean the configurator is also delayed."

Not good news if true.

This is strange because Broadspeed has a full configurator on line. And configurators have been live for weeks across Europe.
Dealers seem often to be the very last to know what's going on so sit tight and lets what happens in a day or so. Maybe a 'small' glitch that will sort itself out?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Rang my local dealer today. Can confirm all UK orders seems to be delayed until start of next month. Won't effect the September timeframe for deliveries though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
To me the maths do not add up, one month late with orders and the delivery date remains the same? If the factory has the usual 2 week shutdown in August that does not make sense. I'm sure product will start to flow in Sept but isn't it most likely to be the First Edition basic configuration rather than custom specs?
The 1.4 TSi engines seem to be in short supply and overall, over on the Skoda forum, typical deliveries of 6-8 weeks for build then the shipping, via the train, sea, importation and then local delivery, sometimes 3 weeks. I really hope it does hit the Sept timeframe but one of my dealers I talked to said it would most likely be October for a custom spec'd car and depend on the options.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would like to think a first week of June order would ship for first half of September. That would still be a 12-14 week lead time. Should be do able. There is a chance I want the special edition anyway so September should still be realistic for me. My current deal for my fiat has a hand back date of 27th July, after that I will be driving a borrowed golf from my family. So a September delivery is preferable!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good idea Rob - much appreciated. I wonder if the delay might be associated with the novel idea of making a specific UK '1st Edition' model. That seems like a good idea but it complicates matters for production runs compared to the standard spec models. Time will tell! In my case I want March 2017 delivery so it is no big deal for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Given the VW group's recent form, it would appear that nothing is out of the question. Perhaps they have decided to bring Petrol automatics to the UK, perhaps they are going to fit the 2.0 TSI, perhaps they are going to drop the 1.0 in the name of sportiness, perhaps the quoted emissions are incorrect, perhaps they are going to fit the new 1.5 TSI, perhaps the 'first edition' is too similar to the Xcellence trim, perhaps the person responsible for finalising the UK trim spec has been on holiday, perhaps the pre-sales brochure was over-generous with the equipment just to get us excited.

As you can possibly tell, I for one am not particularly impressed with the SEAT experience so far. "We've not been able to fix your car sir, there's been a data transfer problem from the factory". I hope it gets better, trust is hard won but easily lost.

What surprises me (although it shouldn't) is how there has been zero coverage of this in the motoring press...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree totally! This has got to be the worst 'launch' ever of a car in the UK. Hopefully they respond to Rob's enquiry and let us know what the problem is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, probably the worst 'launch' ever but that will not change the car which is the main goal. The car still looks great and will, I'm sure, be a winner and worth the wait. That said, it's very frustrating for those eager to place an order or configure a spec.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's the car that could be the problem if the support and maintenance infrastructure is inadequate. I use my car for work every day (30K miles a year) and any delay / extra trips to the garage are difficult to fit in, especially given the lack of SEAT dealers near where I live. Fingers crossed I suppose.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Newtoseat said:
Given the VW group's recent form, it would appear that nothing is out of the question. Perhaps they have decided to bring Petrol automatics to the UK, perhaps they are going to fit the 2.0 TSI, perhaps they are going to drop the 1.0 in the name of sportiness, perhaps the quoted emissions are incorrect, perhaps they are going to fit the new 1.5 TSI, perhaps the 'first edition' is too similar to the Xcellence trim, perhaps the person responsible for finalising the UK trim spec has been on holiday, perhaps the pre-sales brochure was over-generous with the equipment just to get us excited.

As you can possibly tell, I for one am not particularly impressed with the SEAT experience so far. "We've not been able to fix your car sir, there's been a data transfer problem from the factory". I hope it gets better, trust is hard won but easily lost.

What surprises me (although it shouldn't) is how there has been zero coverage of this in the motoring press...
I'd be surprised if they offered the new 1.5TSi in a Seat or Skoda, more likely to be the VW Golf, however, we can dream can't we?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.