Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have had an order in for her new car to roughly coincide with the arrival of our second addition to the family. After browsing this forum I fully expected the car to be delayed and was of the opinion, whilst annoying, there was nothing could be done if it ran over the 3 months that was given as a guideline.

I however just got a call yesterday to say the Mato brown Ateca that we ordered on the 14th April has now been cancelled because they are no longer doing this colour. The person calling from the dealership is annoyed for us and is trying to see what he can do. But so far there are no cars he can see on his system that we could have, despite us being open to different colours and having specified no additional options. Seat UK have offered one service for the inconvenience and have said that we will have to place a new order. In fact, if we want to order the new magnetic brown we have to wait until the middle of June to place this order as it is not available until then. The dealership do not think this is good enough. Is there anything you guys think we should be doing or asking for in order to rectify this? Part of me is considering going elsewhere but I do really think the car is a good suit for us. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Try Lakeside Seat where they have 2 cars available straight away, albeit in standard trims so you wouldn't be able to personalise.

I feel for you man, that is terrible customer service from Seat to cancel an existing order

·
Registered
268 Posts
How annoying for you, I'd be getting SEAT to identify another Brown Ateca for you on a forecourt anywhere in U.K. and get them to transport it to your dealership FOC. If they can't do that and you need to compromise on colour/spec, I'd be looking for more than one free service. Alternatively, and looking outside the "SEAT box", maybe a Tiguan via a broker ??? SEAT really need to get their act together, unless this is the SEAT norm...

·
Registered
778 Posts
isto said:
My wife and I have had an order in for her new car to roughly coincide with the arrival of our second addition to the family. After browsing this forum I fully expected the car to be delayed and was of the opinion, whilst annoying, there was nothing could be done if it ran over the 3 months that was given as a guideline.

I however just got a call yesterday to say the Mato brown Ateca that we ordered on the 14th April has now been cancelled because they are no longer doing this colour. The person calling from the dealership is annoyed for us and is trying to see what he can do. But so far there are no cars he can see on his system that we could have, despite us being open to different colours and having specified no additional options. Seat UK have offered one service for the inconvenience and have said that we will have to place a new order. In fact, if we want to order the new magnetic brown we have to wait until the middle of June to place this order as it is not available until then. The dealership do not think this is good enough. Is there anything you guys think we should be doing or asking for in order to rectify this? Part of me is considering going elsewhere but I do really think the car is a good suit for us. Any help will be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your experience - really is shocking what happened. I suspect the cancellation came from the factory, not Seat UK (dealer orders from Seat UK, Seat UK place order with factory... factory faffs around, assigns build week and things start to fall into place from there).

The dealer can only see stock from their franchise (e.g. Arnold Clark), not nationwide so you may find better luck checking around a few other dealers. There definitely are dealers with cars in stock across the UK though, not many but there are. My favourite recommendation (because they're my back-up option too) has been pointed out by Kee already (http://www.seat-store.co.uk) where they only sell cars in stock (drive away in 7 days).

What I wonder is, can you not get Seat UK to source an in-stock car from their dealer network for you? You are a customer, they cocked up massively and cancelled so yours is their business to lose as Grahamn says there are alternatives (albeit the Ateca is the right choice). That argument may help incentivise Seat to assist you.

Whatever you decide though, if you still want an Ateca (hopefully you do and you seem to want to) then definitely make your dealer AND Seat UK work for your money.

G

·
Etchings said:
I suspect the cancellation came from the factory, not Seat UK (dealer orders from Seat UK, Seat UK place order with factory... factory faffs around, assigns build week and things start to fall into place from there).
I think that is the case, it's the factory that cancelled the order. My dealer told me a similar story, when I got my car couple of weeks ago. He had sold a Mato Brown car, and was checking the status of the order from his computer and realized that the car did not have the build week any more. He called the importer (not SEAT, they don't do business here, we have domestic importer) and was told that the factory will not deliver Mato Brown cars anymore, no chance whatsoever to get it anymore. He told that the customer agreed to change the colour, but there was no mention whether they had to place a completely new order or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts