Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 317 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just phoned SEAT UK for an update on my build.
I was scheduled for build week 19.
I've just been told it is now scheduled for build week 28, 10th July :eek:

Anybody else had their build pushed back this much?

·
Registered
290 Posts
oh oh!!! Mine also down for Build week 19.. will not phone, will not phone........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
missy said:
oh oh!!! Mine also down for Build week 19.. will not phone, will not phone........
When was your order placed on SEAT?
According to SEAT my dealer placed the order with them on 6th March.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My order should have been a week and a bit before that

·
Registered
290 Posts
well I did phone them and was asked 'have I phoned before' (why ask this?) - put on hold and chappy comes back 5 minutes later to say car is unconfirmed and usually about 16 weeks. Not a mention of confirmed which is different to what dealer told me. It seems dealers phoen same place these customer services contact (or do they) when they put us on hold.....

No idea who to believe or what is going on

·
Registered
64 Posts
I still don't have a build date yet. So guessing any date is better than nothing

·
Registered
778 Posts
Uh oh. Did they give you a reason why yours was pushed back so much?

Ordered mine a few days before you and was given a build week of 18. Really hope they don't push it out further.

Keep checking though - I recall a couple of other posts complaining that their build week got pushed out then pulled back. Hopefully it'll come back again :) Trying to wait a while before pestering my dealer again, or Seat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No reason given at all. That was just the date on their system.
Guess we'll all have to wait and see what happens

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Mine had two changes totaling a delay of 11 weeks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ouch! Good luck with your build, hopefully it'll come sooner. As Fred experienced, there's sometimes multiple changes.

Did you order the vanilla XCellence spec. or did you add any extras like the tow bar or DSG gearbox? Those two options seem to be the culprits causing massive delays (that and Samoa Orange).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Standard Xcellence spec except for double boot floor.
So I do not think my spec has anything to do with the delay.
I think my original build week was an estimate.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That doesn't fill me with confidence. Having only just ordered on 18th March, my dealer told me it would be 12 weeks. Looks like I'm off to the Lake District on holiday in June in the Mitsubishi :( .

·
Registered
778 Posts
tobydog said:
That doesn't fill me with confidence. Having only just ordered on 18th March, my dealer told me it would be 12 weeks. Looks like I'm off to the Lake District on holiday in June in the Mitsubishi :( .
Yeah, if you look at the Seat price guide it says minimum 12 week delay if you order any options (sorry!), my dealer suggested could take up to 20 weeks because the chronic shortage of the 1.4 TSi engines that VW can't churn out fast enough.

Don't lose heart though either of you - a lot of folks reporting their build date being pushed out then coming back again. Wishful thinking? Maybe. Blind ignorance? Definitely! But it'll be worth it :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just wondering if its only the 1.4 petrols. Increased demand for these v diesels of late? Anyone ordering a diesel that's had the build date pushed back lots?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've ordered 3 Ateca's in Xcellence, 1.4 ECO TSI DSG all with virtual pedal and panoramic roof options added.
2 are Mato Brown and one is Nevada White.
to give you an idea of how orders work out (or rather, don't? as it stands currently)...
We placed the order on 14th February, had a confirmed build week of 13 (next week) for one Mato Brown..
it's looking like week 16 for the second Mato Brown and week 30 (was 31) for the Nevada White.

We're a bit frustrated that SEAT haven't recognised these vehicles as being ordered by one customer..
I can't understand why there's such a delay on the Nevada White? it's er.. it's just paint? :shock:

on a positive though, my contact at dealership has been brilliant and shares our frustration at current!

·
Registered
979 Posts
DeanRD said:
I've ordered 3 Ateca's in Xcellence, 1.4 ECO TSI DSG all with virtual pedal and panoramic roof options added.
2 are Mato Brown and one is Nevada White.
to give you an idea of how orders work out (or rather, don't? as it stands currently)...
We placed the order on 14th February, had a confirmed build week of 13 (next week) for one Mato Brown..
it's looking like week 16 for the second Mato Brown and week 30 (was 31) for the Nevada White.

We're a bit frustrated that SEAT haven't recognised these vehicles as being ordered by one customer..
I can't understand why there's such a delay on the Nevada White? it's er.. it's just paint? :shock:

on a positive though, my contact at dealership has been brilliant and shares our frustration at current!
Now that's just getting downright greedy :shock: :eek: three of them :?:

·
Registered
338 Posts
TrophyJem said:
No reason given at all. That was just the date on their system.
Guess we'll all have to wait and see what happens
It could be because the 1.4 Tsi engine is in big demand throughout the VAG range. :eek:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
In France and Spain, the petrol/diesel ratio is now very much higher than was expected. In Spain 56% of orders are for the 1.4tsi of which 22% are DSG.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Been in to see dealer today and been told our build date for the Ateca has been pushed back from week 15 to week 18, wish we had never ordered the bloody thing now :(

1 - 20 of 317 Posts