Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering when your dealer updates you on dates. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told I'd get an update after two weeks but haven't heard anything yet. I'm not worried or anything as it's still very early days but wondered if this is something I need to chase up/keep on top of

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm more or less in the same position as you and was planning to call the dealer next week to get an update, not having heard anything from them since placing the order. At the very least I thought it would keep them on their toes!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Next to never is the answer. Salesman is there to seal deals. Updating existing customers seems secondary.

My dealer only has proactively called me once. Rest of the time I chase him (or Seat UK)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Same experience here - I've had to do a lot of chasing and even though I've been promised weekly e-mail updates even when nothing changes I haven't really had them.

Given it's been 3 months waiting now and Seat decided to move the build week to September from April then change to 'Unknown' they've started being a little more pro-active. I get better information from Seat UK, but I'm guessing the dealers are worried I may cancel if this continues much longer which is why they've started communicating more.

I just really hope Seat ask me for feedback on my experience when I take delivery - I have a LOT of useful feedback for them (good and bad).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I'll give them a bell in the week

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd contact Seat directly. I was promised by the dealer I'd be updated as soon as there was a change of status. Rang Seat on Friday and they confirmed mine was in transit already, only 7 weeks into process :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip. I'll do that. I hope it's positive news like yours Summer20 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
How can I contact SEAT directly to see progress of my build?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I decided to go with the flow. I ordered on 11th march. I was told when my car was on its way to UK, and when it had arrived in a U.K. port. Yesterday I was told the registration number. I hope to get it sometime in the next fortnight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
got the call tonight handover been confirmed for Saturday Afternoon. So guess what I'm Happy....
John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Currie Motors Seat in Barnet Dadofett :D where you collecting yours
John

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lakeside Thurrock.
Maybe our cars will be on the same transporter from sheerness. Chap down at lakeside said they only drop off one or two motors at lakeside then the rest go elsewhere.

·
Registered
526 Posts
thejohn said:
Currie Motors Seat in Barnet Dadofett :D where you collecting yours
John
Hey John, would you say you got a good deal from Currie? I ended up going to Seat Watford to get mine because 1) Currie's wouldn't even hint at giving a discount and 2) they didn't have a DSG for me n the missus to test drive. Nice guy though and only 3 miles away from where I live!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Next upcoming Xellence trim level cars should be Y18 models. At least spanish forums confirms that were built on week 20+

Would be interesting to see pics of those

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Kee we are getting ours on Motoabilty so no deal whatsoever and a good extra payment from us to get the spec we wanted.
John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dadofett said:
Lakeside Thurrock.
Maybe our cars will be on the same transporter from sheerness. Chap down at lakeside said they only drop off one or two motors at lakeside then the rest go elsewhere.
Hopefully it heads up the A11/A12 to Norwich next...... ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts