Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I ordered a Seat Ateca Xcellence in the last week in March. At the time I wanted an FR but was told there was no information on whether the Ateca FR willl ever be made. Now the FR has been launched. I approached my dealer about cancelling the Xcellence and ordering an FR, only to be told I have to pay a cancellation fee of £1,075. The dealers claims the car has been built and been shipped. Frankly, I don't believe him. If I choose to go ahead with the Xcellence with the view to buying an FR in July to arrive in October, I will lose out more than the £1,075, given that cars lose more value in the first six months than at any other time. Can anyone advice me on what to do. I was considering selling my slot to someone who would like to get into an Ateca earlier than the 16 - 20 weeks that is quoted when an order is placed. Please help! Thank you all

·
Registered
341 Posts
All depends on the dealer, if you signed a contact it's yours..... and does not matter if built or not until Aug the contact will say "Ateca Xcellence in xx" and that is What they are legally obliged to deliver you. However there might be a wiggle room changing models over if you are asked to speak to the dealer principal or manager rather than salesman.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not much help but I ordered 29th March and was told build week 20 which starts tomorrow, and my order is in my signature. How dose that compare to your specifications. I would go to your dealer and push the dealer to to look and show you the proof of your Ateca has been built and if it has then decide wether to swallow the loss of your deposit or accept your original order and part exchange it for your FR when the rush for the FR is over and seat can deliver in a reasonable length of time.
John

·
Registered
341 Posts
What dealer have you ordered from by the way?

·
Registered
979 Posts
One way to find out the truth is just to call the SEAT customer services on 0500222222 and ask them the stage of your order :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
jamesiow said:
All depends on the dealer, if you signed a contact it's yours..... and does not matter if built or not until Aug the contact will say "Ateca Xcellence in xx" and that is What they are legally obliged to deliver you. However there might be a wiggle room changing models over if you are asked to speak to the dealer principal or manager rather than salesman.
'
Absolutely spot on advice

Renzo said:
The dealers claims the car has been built and been shipped. Frankly, I don't believe him.
'
As per above reply, it doen't matter if it's built or not but the reason you don't believe him is?
Renzo said:
If I choose to go ahead with the Xcellence with the view to buying an FR in July to arrive in October, I will lose out more than the £1,075, given that cars lose more value in the first six months than at any other time. Can anyone advice me on what to do.
'
1: What guarantee do you have that an FR will arrive in October?

2: Keeping the Xcellence is the obvious answer - after all that's the car you chose. If you were really that bothered about the looks having the black plastic trims painted by a body shop would work out cheaper than selling / purchasing a new car.

To be honest, unless you wanted the 2.0fsi, then there's so little difference between the cars I really can't see the problem because it's the 99% same car.[/quote]
Renzo said:
I was considering selling my slot to someone who would like to get into an Ateca earlier than the 16 - 20 weeks that is quoted when an order is placed.
'
Good luck with that !!! (although I don't know how you'd go about selling your slot). Not only would you be entering a legal minefield, you'd potentially end up with two cars if the other party pulled out. By the way, if you don't believe your dealer re: timescales - what sort of delivery timescale will you advertise your slot? You're expecting someone to pay you money for a car that doesn't exist and you can't tell them when it will be delivered? Doesn't sound a very attractive proposition to me.

Out of interest - what sort of discount did you get on the Ateca? Would you be advertising at near full list price when someone can order one via a broker for £2500 discount without any potential legal complications? I think you can safely drop any idea of selling your slot - it's a bog standard family car we're talking here, not a Buggati or a McLaren.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Frankly I have thought about all these options, but I just wanted to get opinions from others. Thanks once agin! Much appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@jamesiow I did sign a contract so I guess you are right. Hence my acceptance of the £1,075. I ordered from WJ King in Bromley. Got my current Leon from them too.
@thejohn I guess that is what I have to do. I plan to contact Seat CS and take it from there
@kindness71 my wife and I got the Cus serv number off the net. I plan to call them tomorrow to find out if my car has been built and see what my chances are. I get the feeling they will refer me back to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Something else to consider if you were to reorder, assuming that you used the £1k off voucher offer (on the original order) which has now expired would this still be honoured?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nomos said:
Something else to consider if you were to reorder, assuming that you used the £1k off voucher offer (on the original order) which has now expired would this still be honoured?
I changed my order from an SE to an SE Tech a few days after ordering (the voucher expired in between ordering and that point) & they still honoured the voucher for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.