Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
32.3mpg on motoway commuting :eek:

To be honest I've read several articles posted in Car magazine in the past where I've wondered if they'e been driving the same car as I did. I'm the first to admit economy from the 1.4tsi (in my first 3 months of ownership) has been disappointing - disappointing in that I'm averaging 41mpg. But 32.3 :eek: on motorway commuting? I mean, you either have to be thrashing the hell out of the engine or their commuting involves M25 rush hour with the stop/start deactivated.

When their first report ends with the question will this petrol engine be a genuine alternative to diesel... the only way they're going to answer that is buy also running a diesel because they sure ain't running the car as a typical user.

( BTW - HonestJohn's real mpg shows that engine returns on average 40.5mpg )

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I get exactly that on regular local motorway trips ( which account for 80% of my driving) at about 80mph typical speed. Once you let the speed creep up, the consumption goes to pot.

I only got 37 mpg out of my 1.4 Leon under the same conditions so I am quite happy with the Ateca consumption. Motoring journalists tend to get the best performance out of their cars and don't pay for their fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts