Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down a normal road this afternoon which like most has some potholes/dips as the car went down normally (ie dip pothole was not big or deep) a symbol of the car flashed in red with arrows showing all around the car and an auditable alarm (similar to when you leave the ignition key in if you open door).
It lasted less than a second and cleared and has not repeated since.

Any one else experienced this it's quite scary when it happened.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That's just the front Assist thinking your too close or about to hit something in front. Had it 4 or 5 times but not seen the next stage as some have where the car brakes itself :shock:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh right thanks Kindness must have thought the dips were an obstacle frightened the life out of me😆

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've had it a few times on sharp bends with parked cars on them...
as you approach the bend it senses you are going to hit the parked car just before you turn into the bend...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Kindness71 said:
That's just the front Assist thinking your too close or about to hit something in front. Had it 4 or 5 times but not seen the next stage as some have where the car brakes itself :shock:
Easy to create the situation Kindness, just close you eyes at a roundabout with stationary traffic in front and proceed.... let me just check the co-driver who I've warned of the cars behaviour if driven in kamikaze mode.

Although you can get false positives as we know with high verges etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts