Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm about to purchase an Ateca but haven't made up my mind whether to have the SE Technology or the Excellence.
I would like to ask anyone who doesn't have the Excellence whether the remote central locking key actually opens the tailgate automatically by pressing a button. I have a Peugeot 2008 just now and find the tailgate very heavy to open and close. Is the tailgate on the Ateca heavy/difficult to open manually?
This was originally making me want to go for the Excellence with the electric tailgate virtual pedal thing but there are a few things on the Excellence I'm not really bothered about for the extra cost.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maria T said:
Hi, I'm about to purchase an Ateca but haven't made up my mind whether to have the SE Technology or the Excellence.
I would like to ask anyone who doesn't have the Excellence whether the remote central locking key actually opens the tailgate automatically by pressing a button. I have a Peugeot 2008 just now and find the tailgate very heavy to open and close. Is the tailgate on the Ateca heavy/difficult to open manually?
This was originally making me want to go for the Excellence with the electric tailgate virtual pedal thing but there are a few things on the Excellence I'm not really bothered about for the extra cost.
Hi Maria,

The electric tailgate isn't standard on the Xcellence either, it's an additional extra you need to pay for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Yes I know, it's £420 on the Excellence but is around £750 on the SE's. I'm just not sure I would need to spend that if the central locking key open the boot with the press of a button.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Might don't know for a fact about the Ateca, but on my golf all the boot button on the keyfob does is unlock the boot, the boot itself doesn't move.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Maria, I was going to get the electric tailgate (mostly for my wife who is 5'3 and very slim built) but she finds it easy to open close, in fact much more so that my previous car - a KIA ceed estate, so I left the option off and saved myself £400+ :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Maria. If it helps, I've got one on another car and don't think it's worth more than £50 for the labour saving bit, maybe £100 if you don't even have to touch it. For me they bring almost ad many disadvantages as they do advantages based on my usage (dogs, towing etc.)

I think there are far better ways to spend that option cost, but only you can prioritise that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got an SE Tech - the key fob unlocks the boot but it doesn't raise it - you still need to pull it up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My SE Tech with auto electric tailgate you can open via the key fob, but not close, also button inside car can open and this time close.

Like most VAG cars if you hold down the lock/unlock button on the fob can open/close all the windows

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Although it does cost some money the utility of that depends on your use and how much dosh you have. I was demonstrating it too a couple today who accosted us and they were very impressed with it. Could see its uses for minimising journeys and getting dogs in although not sure myself about standing on one leg with a standard poodle in my arms and waving one foot. Depends on balance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you have the electric tailgate the key fob button opens it, the foot wiggle thing is easier though.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
jamesiow said:
My SE Tech with auto electric tailgate you can open via the key fob, but not close, also button inside car can open and this time close.
Are you sure it doesn't close with the keyfob - mine does. The only difference between open and close is that it goes up with one good press, but when you close it, it will stop as soon as you take your finger off the button and resume when you press it again. It does seem to need a good press in both cases, not as long as it needs to fold the mirrors but it seems slightly longer than normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts