Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

Im a danes, and i ordered an Ateca in october, and still waiting...

I wanna know, if it is possible to change the TOPVIEW Camera, so you can see it all the time - also when driving at every speed you like?

I know the normal settings, you can only see the top view camera, when you are driving very slowly.

I hope anyone know a bit about it.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The top view 360 view with car image in it is assembled by matrixing the images, I suspect even if you could see it, it would work. I must say I've never pressed the button at speed. The feeling I've got is it like a bit document scan on an A4 scanner. You can in the car sometime see the joins where it flattens out the side images to make the top view. It is all very clever but I doubt it would work at speed.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It won't work over 15kph (9mph), according to the manual. I imagine it would be classed as an illegal distraction. Shame though, could be fun.

SEAT were using it in a blacked out car driving around a very small circuit - they were going very slow.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It would be a VAGCOM if you could but I don't reckon the processor would be fast enough for it to work at speed...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Used it on the off-road course at Millbrook, but that was all at low speed, to see the front of the car going up over dips !

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Handy for the local shop as well :). Saves all that poncing around with the front or back hanging over white lines or across a double yellow or skewed across the parking space. You can see all of that and adjust without getting out. It does beep up on those close encounters when driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.