Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally driving mine Ateca Excellence for about a week (Belgium). Still no regrets about mine upgrade from the Leon. Although that was a good car.

I've only struggled with two issues. The first one is to view the total kilometers (mileage). It seems that the reserved space on the dashboard is used by the Adaptive Cruise Control. When switching the ACC to OFF you can see the total kilometers. However I couldn't find another way to do this. I even can't find this on the Navigation Display Screen with all the car data details.

Another issue is adjusting the brightness of the interior dashboard lights. In the manual there's written that it will AUTO adjust depending on the surrounding lights. But I've find no way to manually adjust this. Somebody find a solution? I dear to say that you can't adjust this by yourself.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
On the first I found that... for the first 200 miles I had to admit I could find no way of telling the total mileage of the car till I noticed it was obscured by the ACC, toggle it off and you see it. I didn't find it on the Car settings screen.

On the car settings screen there is one where you can adjust the brightness of the panel dashboard light. Mines set as it came full up. I haven't messed with it. Have you found that menu ?.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found it. You can find indeed this option in car settings screen. I've looked in this menu several times and always overlooked it. :roll:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Neovo has an Xcellence with full LED when I replied whilst the non LED / non Xcellence onez play a trick on you to get you to turn the lights on after dark as I recall but I might have got the wrong end of the stick on this, so the behaviour is different between the ones with auto lights full LED and not. There were quite a few posts about the brightness previously.

This thread might throw some light on it... full LED you don't have this issue. Redleaf92 provides an explanation of how the SE works, although that would suggest that the dashboards are different between models, I haven't looked. That's my reading of it anyhow as to why questions come up about dash lighting from SE drivers. EDB4YLISS is that full LED ?.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=459&p=5175&hilit=dash+light#p5175

Edit.

I see the Xcellence does it as well, if it thinks you need the lights on and are running on DLR onlh it turns off your dash lights as it starts to get dark to give you a problem so you turn the lights on. I reckon the brightness control is relative so I keep mine as delivered fully up. Obviously that brightness is dropped down after dark so it must be relative to day and night time. That might be where the "auto" comes in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts