Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have been loving driving my Ateca around since the beginning of April and clocked up around 1,200km with a few longer drives out into the Polish mountains. Really great to drive.

One thing I did notice though today was that when the ignition is turned on (not the engine) the 'check engine' yellow warning light stays on while all the others go off. As soon as I turn on the engine, it disappears, but I don't recall seeing it before. Anyone else noticed that? I'm honestly not sure if I've never noticed it before or if its just started.

Cheers,

M

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, another point I've been meaning to post about, but just not had time is the front driver and passenger doors. When opening them as they open to a certain couple of points, there is a squidgy oily kind of noise from the hinges, as if there is just too much lubricant on the hinge. Have tried to remove some of it, but the noise remains. Anyone else encountered that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I had the same problem with the 'yellow engine light' popping and staying lit in a permanent way.
I took the car to the mechanic and they've connected it to the diagnostic machinery. It has been 2 days and no news of the car. They keep saying that they are trying to figure out what the problem really is and both the main factory and the mechanics are clueless. I worries me because I have a feeling that they will reset it and i'll be visiting them every week. It has happened to me exactly in the same manner with a Skoda Fabia, actually it was the car I traded this one with. Quite a coincidence, right?
If anyone had the same issue, I would highly appreciate any feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Not a clue, I'm afraid - however if it's permanently lit then they can at least try and trace it.

You didn't specify which engine you have though - is it the 1.0 TSi, 1.4 TSi, or one of the diesels?

·
Registered
268 Posts
macca138 said:
Hi guys,

Have been loving driving my Ateca around since the beginning of April and clocked up around 1,200km with a few longer drives out into the Polish mountains. Really great to drive.

One thing I did notice though today was that when the ignition is turned on (not the engine) the 'check engine' yellow warning light stays on while all the others go off. As soon as I turn on the engine, it disappears, but I don't recall seeing it before. Anyone else noticed that? I'm honestly not sure if I've never noticed it before or if its just started.

Cheers,

M
Yes, the engine warning light staying on whilst the ignition is on (before engine start) is normal, as long as it goes out when the engine is running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts