Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wandering how useable the middle seat is when there are two baby/child seats in the back?

We have a toddler and a newborn and the leon is very cramped in the back with the seats in, you can barely get into the middle seat and thats only if you are of slim build. I'm hoping the Ateca might offer slightly more room when it arrives?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think it depends on how big the car seats are :? I've got the grandkids car seat in mine (he's 1 1/2 ) and we struggle with two people in the back as well. Saying that though (don't tell them) they are a bit wide of ar$e :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Its not a limo or a van so you need to accept that fact :) So if you have a child seat in the back than Ateca is for 4 people only or 4 + a very skinny small person :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kindness71 said:
I think it depends on how big the car seats are :? I've got the grandkids car seat in mine (he's 1 1/2 ) and we struggle with two people in the back as well. Saying that though (don't tell them) they are a bit wide of ar$e :cool:
:lol: It's mainly my parents and the In laws that we will need to squeeze in and unfortunately they suffer with the same condition!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike22 said:
Its not a limo or a van so you need to accept that fact :) So if you have a child seat in the back than Ateca is for 4 people only or 4 + a very skinny small person :)
As I said I already have two child seats in the back of our Mk3 Leon and still use the middle seat from time to time, I'm just curious as to weather there is more width to the back of the ateca and hence more room for the middle passenger? Even a slight imorovement over the leon would be a bonus...

·
Registered
163 Posts
You would have to compare Leon and Ateca side by side but at least here are is the width of both cars: Leon 1435 vs Ateca 1452.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
Kindness71 said:
:lol: It's mainly my parents and the In laws that we will need to squeeze in and unfortunately they suffer with the same condition!
Yes I agree it's a terrible condition which they have tried many different supposed cures such as Weight Watchers, Slimming world, slimfast ............ :roll:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Oi you lot dontcha know fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go round ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here's some pics of my two installed. Gives you a better idea. I would say you would be pushed how I have it. Maybe if you have two of the stage 3 seats, rather than just my one. My youngest won't be in stage 2 much longer, then I will be buying another one! Expensive creatures kids!!!

Edit - upon further testing I can confirm chewbacca fits.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Magpie86 said:
Here's some pics of my two installed. Gives you a better idea. I would say you would be pushed how I have it. Maybe if you have two of the stage 3 seats, rather than just my one. My youngest won't be in stage 2 much longer, then I will be buying another one! Expensive creatures kids!!!

Edit - upon further testing I can confirm chewbacca fits.
Thanks! Oh and nice Wookie, my daughter was actually born on May the 4th much to my delight!... indeed the force is strong with my family :D

Doesn't look much different to the middle seat room in our Leon fr tbf, but then I suspect your child seats might be slightly larger than ours, tho the red one is very similar to our toddlers maxicosi seat. It's the baby carrier that is the biggest problem thanks to the handle sticking out the side into the midle passengers thigh... might have to see if we can get a narrower one.

At the very least the added leg room should make it easier to gain access to the middle seat when the seats are in. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts