Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an odd one this morning. As I drove to work I noticed the clock was an hour fast. I checked the settings when I got there and it's taking the time from the GPS signal.
Started it up this evening and it was still an hour fast but by the time I'd backed out of the parking space it had reset itself. I don't live near the coast. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.
It's making me wonder if I won't have to adjust it when the clocks change at the end of March.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Neil,
Happened to me few weeks ago, my wife noticed the clock was an hour fast. Ignored it and when started car again later it had sorted itself out.......Renamed mine Ateca SE TooTech!
Cheers.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was going to say may be it jumped the GPS signal to mainland Europe but it doesn't work like that, I had to manually change the time zone like a watch when I look the car abroad at Xmas. Probably those pesky Russian satellites. Mine shows 14 satellites locking onto about 8 most of the time. Those 14 will include Glonass. Haven't got down to the bottom of whether it's accessing Galileo although some profile files would suggest it could. May be the upshot of accessing two or three satellite groups it gets confused about the GPS time.

I do note that if I switch on the satnav without the engine running distances revert to kilometres, they correct themselves when the engine is running. That is the Navigation Plus but suspect it's the same on the standard unit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be worried if it had jumped to the continent, Hertfordshire is land locked!

I'm going to assume it misread the satellites on start up and my short commute didn't really give it a chance to reset itself.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:shock: the worst bit is I'd probably not even notice and just think I was early/late................... :roll:

·
Registered
918 Posts
The only reason I wear a watch :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I got very confused when I arrived in Berlin trying to work out if my phone had auto adjusted or not :oops:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Reboot generally does the trick :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts