Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just creating this thread ready for some pictures when i collect the car tonight. 4.30 cannot come soon enough :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The big day has come, The Final Count Down, big hair do's, leather pants and the car just needs to put its lippey on:

Suitable glam rock...

(are you on Android, if so you can try out the Drive App and report back)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Collected mine yesterday and its been great. Loved driving in to work today so much. i got here 30 mins early so I could play with all the buttons.

Excellence 4Drive 2.0 TDI PS150, Nevada white, Excellence package.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great news.

Would you be able to give an impression of the Seat sound and if the quality is much better.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The quality should be better they are suppose to be Canton speakers (although if you extracted them I would doubt you would be able to read that stamped on them). When tried out the standard system that wasn't bad, I tried a difficult piece of African club mix music with heavy base line and high frequencies. I didn't manage to distort it although the salesman was protesting but I said that's the object we are going to try to overload the speakers. Means the crossover was OK. Bit of twiddling with the equaliser to shape the sound. The Seat sound system has more speakers and the subwoofer so should be even better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not got to sound just yet but listening to the radio this am seemed fine. Been fiddling with light settings etc to start with.
Of note, the steering is light and sensitive especially in sport mode. Acceleration seems good in 0-60 but slower from 60.... Not a bad thing but different from my previous car (Golf GTD)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
. When tried out the standard system that wasn't bad, I tried a difficult piece of African club mix music with heavy base line and high frequencies. I didn't manage to distort it although the salesman was protesting but I said that's the object we are going to try to overload the speakers.
I bet you're every salesmans nightmare lol :)

Read every manual in advance and armed with a million questions :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Bruceyo

Have you got the twiddly knob (they all do) by the gear stick / changer, does it have personal settings or words to that effect, you can customise the steering on that to alter the sensitivity, least on the Xcellence. It breaks apart several functions, so you can select the one you want. I know this since the sales guy at one place told me that the person who had taken out the car previously didn't like the steering so he altered it via this menu. Steering was at the top or near the top of the options.

Page 225 - 226 of the manual, Adjusting Driver Profile, its in Individual,

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Saggy said:
Tell said:
. When tried out the standard system that wasn't bad, I tried a difficult piece of African club mix music with heavy base line and high frequencies. I didn't manage to distort it although the salesman was protesting but I said that's the object we are going to try to overload the speakers.
I bet you're every salesmans nightmare lol :)

Read every manual in advance and armed with a million questions :lol:
What me.... noooo....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so here goes:

What a day the car is amazing worth every minute we waited! Drives superb and pulls great.

The protection pack: the boot tray is 4 inches too short and can slide backwards and forwards ill be querying this, the rubber mats look and feel great i dont think ill be using the standard mats ever, mud flaps well front ones are on but the back ones are a Seat back order item and they reckon they may have stock in the UK for dealerships by next week so have to go back for that.

Seat sound is great, not quite the same as Bose in my last Audi but great sound quality and sub has a good kick too it (once you set it up right). I will have more of a play tomorrow.

Im on IOS so apple car play is superb Siri dictates your texts and texts back for you. When i parked car up at the shop my phone flashed up saying it had dropped a pin where the car was parked and would help me find my way back if needed.

Managed to change interior light colour to blue (our favourite).

Roof bars still in the box and will try those out in a week or two.

Keyless entry tip: squeeze handle to unlock, tap the two lines on the front handle with a single finger to lock, dont then try your door handles to make sure its locked as it will pick up full grip and unlock. :lol:

Tyres are Bridgestones

In summary you wont be disappointed the cars beautiful.

Further updates to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
ohhhh I like your floor tiles

cars not bad either ;)

It's great seeing all positive reports and happy owners :mrgreen:

off to google apple play to see how all that was working

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
On the other thread the mats were described not as rubber. Do you think they are fitting two different types ?. Blue lights nice. Could they be leather seats :).

Think I'll get confused with the door locking and might use the button, take it you can use that. Do you have a visual flashing light as locked ?. That's always my foolproof check since some times central locking can make a sound as locked when it's just opening again, by hitting the wrong button. You have to watch partners on that one.

Interesting on the boot tray. Decided against that due to messing up the subwoofer sound and just more things to lift in and out when getting to the bottom area. Also I slide my chiller box to the front for loading and unloading and if it was rubber type it would put up resistance to sliding. Thought about it but rejected it and it wasn't till the guy in the dealership said no, not a good idea with the Seat sound system when the penny dropped and he agreed.

How much Adblue did you get in the tank ?.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most certainly leather, your favourite ive heard haha. 6000miles worth of AdBlue well thats what the range says can change on driving style apparently, will see how true that is. Yeah the hazards flash when using your hand on the handle plus at night you have the welcome and fond home lights, the LED lights are ridiculously bright and look amazing! I will only be using the boot protector when putting heavy dirty things in the boot. The Rubber mats you get as part of the protection pack are definitely rubber the material standard ones are still wrapped up in the boot.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's possibly it then over the mats, you ordered a "protection pack" which gives you the rubber mats ?, whilst the ones that didn't order a "protection pack" just get the carpet ones ?. I quite like LEDs, I suspect you mean the dipped and main beam are bright. I did upgrade my old car with bright halogen, like to know where I'm going, those bouncing deer round here. So that's good.

I have five weeks to go now and will be remastering my skills in Japanese headends, in Japanese for three weeks in October as the co-pilot. I do drive, but I'm good at navigation in foreign parts. The test of the new car is going to be on a trip to Germany in December, might even get snow, probably a one in ten chance, then I'll get to try out the snow setting.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for your impressions! One tiny point that bothered me with CarPlay. Can you get Siri to work from the physical handsfree voice activation button on the steering wheel? Wouldn't work for me on my test drive, such a silly thing if it doesn't work. I know it activates VW voice control, but Siri is a much more powerful tool when coupled with CarPlay. Hoping I missed something in the test drive.

Dropping a pin automatically on the iPhone apple maps when you park is a really nice touch btw!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tell said:
Bruceyo

Have you got the twiddly knob (they all do) by the gear stick / changer, does it have personal settings or words to that effect, you can customise the steering on that to alter the sensitivity, least on the Xcellence. It breaks apart several functions, so you can select the one you want. I know this since the sales guy at one place told me that the person who had taken out the car previously didn't like the steering so he altered it via this menu. Steering was at the top or near the top of the options.

Page 225 - 226 of the manual, Adjusting Driver Profile, its in Individual,
Yeah I be fiddled with the driving settings to my liking thanks.
Keyless entry is pretty good. I can now justify my not paying 5p for a carrier bag and get to the car arms full without having to fumble for keys. (1st world problems)
I went for the blue interior lights too. The centre console is pretty user friendly and everything's pretty well laid out with quite responsive touchscreen compared to others I've used before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.