Votes: 5 8.8%
  • <t>Samoa Orange</t>

Votes: 9 15.8%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Jungle Green looks nothing like the photograph, it's much brighter and lighter than the image. Skoda currently use this colour so if you want get a better idea check it out on the Yeti page or do a YouTube search. As the Ateca is being manufactured in the same factory it's going to be the same colour.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did a comparison between the Skoda Yeti April 2016 brochure colours and the Ateca UK pre-sales brochure. Skoda offer 13 colours whereas the seat.co.uk brochure offers 11, Samoa Orange is an addittion but Cappucino Beige Metallic, Muscavado Metallic and Business Grey are omitted. However the seat.es and seat.com websites offer 12 colours, the Cappucino Beige Metallic being included. (Yes, I do have far too much time on my hands!)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Seriously can't decide on colour now. If I am lucky enough to get a first edition my choices are rodium grey, Nevada white or the Samoa orange. I was set originally on rodium grey but not sure it does the car justice judging by some real life shots. Then I thought I would be brave with the orange. Now I am doubting myself, thinking the Nevada white may look smartest, but will just need cleaning all the time. Is the Nevada white off white? Looks almost silver in some pics. Also not the most popular white in the poll!

The specs been taken out of my hands so now I just have this choice left! Tbh even if I am forced into a standard order, I'm not sure I would go for any other colour. Blacks smart but boring, reflex silver looks nice enough. Intrigued by the lava blue. None of the others appeal. Choices!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Colour is so personal. I cannot have a red car again, they bring me bad luck... I have written two off! Neither my fault (honest!)
I usually look at the brochure and see what the manufacturer's marketing department thinks it shows off the car ... Bringing out the curves etc in the bodywork. I then make sure I see all of the colours "in the metal" and then decide, as I don't want to spend approx £30k when I have only seen a picture or one of the dealer's colour display.
It's easy if it's for SWMBO..... She always chooses white.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
White doesn't need cleaning all that often to be honest, it still looks quite clean even when it's dirty. We've got two white cars at the moment and my last three cars have been white!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I do think they look smart. I have just always discounted them due to thinking "it will show all the dirt". Future resale values being higher than orange is also in my mind, which may help my equity on pcp when I chop it in in 3 and a half years. Small consideration but still.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is quite an old thread I know, but I am a bit surprised to see that the 'no-cost' option of Mediterranean Blue is not included, as it is the one I am seriously considering!

Has anyone actually gone for it, out of interest?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Montala said:
This is quite an old thread I know, but I am a bit surprised to see that the 'no-cost' option of Mediterranean Blue is not included, as it is the one I am seriously considering!

The money you save by having it would go towards some very tasty options, so in retrospect, I'd think about it. Not seen it in the flesh though.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Montala said:

DavidS is having it :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Saggy said:
Montala said:

Sorry... but I am a 'newbie' here, and haven't really got to know anyone yet... so who is DavidS ? :oops:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Montala said:
Saggy said:
Montala said:

Sorry... but I am a 'newbie' here, and haven't really got to know anyone yet... so who is DavidS ? :oops:
:) he is one of the posters ~you will see his name pop up

in his signature he refers to it as "cheapskate blue" as someone once made a comment about him not spending any extra on paint

he is the sensible one though ~ as Dougie said that extra money can buy some good extras
cost was one of the reasons I went for red and stuck with 18" wheels but luckily I like that combination anyway

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.