Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just rang SEAT customer support yet again and they now have confirmed the build date for me of week 51, 19th Dec. They advised the usual 1 week to build, and that due to Christmas the usual 4-5 weeks shipping will be 6-7 weeks due to the factory closing for 2 weeks over the festive period. So I have a definite light at the end of the tunnel :D . This should make it a 5 1/2 ish month time from order to delivery. I hope they still knock off the £200 on the extras I got after opening a case with them when I was told an estimated April delivery ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
All good news. Hopefully the robots won't be distracted by thoughts of their Xmas break. I doubt Seat will take back what is offered if you have it is writing and they have communicated to the dealer. The issue would be if it's not in the dealers paperwork.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
At the moment I have been assigned week 6 2017. I am getting frustrated with the wait now, I think it's extremely poor. I've never heard of any other manufacturer having these sourcing problems.

I've started worrying about the vouchers that I used at the time as well. The £500 test drive voucher and the £250 one I was sent by email. It's part of the agreed amounts when I placed the order so I would expect them to be honoured.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sidelight said:
At the moment I have been assigned week 6 2017. I am getting frustrated with the wait now, I think it's extremely poor. I've never heard of any other manufacturer having these sourcing problems.

I've started worrying about the vouchers that I used at the time as well. The £500 test drive voucher and the £250 one I was sent by email. It's part of the agreed amounts when I placed the order so I would expect them to be honoured.
Sidelight you have the same mix as me where both the 1.4 & especially Orange were severely delayed initially. When did you place your order? Mine was on 11th August. For the vouchers you need to contact your dealership to make sure. I had the same concerns as the vouchers said they were only valid till end of Dec. My dealer spoke to SEAT and they confirmed they would still accept them as the delay was their fault :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
good to hear you have a date now Kindness :)

the dealer told me that there is now a 6 mth wait on new orders and that there are very few in the "spare pool" to pull from
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Sidelight said:
At the moment I have been assigned week 6 2017. I am getting frustrated with the wait now, I think it's extremely poor. I've never heard of any other manufacturer having these sourcing problems.

I've started worrying about the vouchers that I used at the time as well. The £500 test drive voucher and the £250 one I was sent by email. It's part of the agreed amounts when I placed the order so I would expect them to be honoured.
Sidelight you have the same mix as me where both the 1.4 & especially Orange were severely delayed initially. When did you place your order? Mine was on 11th August. For the vouchers you need to contact your dealership to make sure. I had the same concerns as the vouchers said they were only valid till end of Dec. My dealer spoke to SEAT and they confirmed they would still accept them as the delay was their fault :D
I have been following the forum for a while so I had noted with interest your progress. I placed my order in September, I think the Monday after the actual release so maybe the 12th.

I will contact them, although I think I've already pestered them to frustration; last time I emailed them for my date I simply received a screenshot of my order screen with the '0617' build date.

I just hope it feels worth the wait when I finally get it. Good to hear that the end is in sight for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sidelight said:
Kindness71 said:
Sidelight said:
I will contact them, although I think I've already pestered them to frustration; last time I emailed them for my date I simply received a screenshot of my order screen with the '0617' build date.

I just hope it feels worth the wait when I finally get it. Good to hear that the end is in sight for you.
If you have your screenshot of your order with the number I wouldn't bother contacting your dealer again, just ring the customer support number. Thats what they are there for and can give you more details than the dealer :)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top