Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the connectivity hub to work (improve mobile signal) does anyone know whether your phone has to be placed on the wireless charger?

If it does, does it only work with phones that support wireless charging?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
This was the item that they left out my build !. It's going to jump across from the wireless charger without you actually using that function I'm sure. That's the diagram below. R265 is the wireless charger. Only the battery is charged, close proximity does the aeriel signal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I can make calls with my phone in the depths of my hand bag with no issue at all

It Bluetooths connection to car

Proximity to pad i do not believe has any effect :)

Might be wrong and is just I've had reasonable signal any time I've used phone but I've not had issues

I just presumed it boosts somewhere once a call is made

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The R265 is talked about here

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7126697-car-net-disable&p=95502353&viewfull=1

I think like having a uhf aeriel near the back of a TV (in the old days) hold it close enough and you get a picture. Saggy's reception may be throu the the unit or out the window or both. But that's how it works.

Golf 7 documentation on the unit below.

Product Font Line Screenshot Rectangle

The pairing box of the Golf Mk7 becomes a flat plate in the Ateca. Probably helps standing it there if there is a reception issue.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Err no. That wasn't an offer that was offered to me. To the factory it costs about £120 but when they built the car without it there was no way to fit it. Tried to offer me that value till I rejected it. On the continent it is an option on the configurator all Xcellence in the UK are suppose to have it, specify Navigation Plus in July with build in September led to their UK build tables leaving it out so I got a Euro car. Not best pleased on the day of pickup but I did get £500 of free services in return after negotiation.

I don't think you really need it for reception, fine if you have a wireless charging type of phone. I didn't in anycase and iPhones don't as I understand it. On the positives I have a deep tray for my phone and case and free services for three years.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am not really sure what I should have on my SE.

Although I did specify a Kessy and satnav upgrade, I am still not clear exactly what I should be looking for inside the car!

The opening or 'hole' where the phone would sit is not flat all the way across, but has a raised 'bit' to sort of keep an average sized phone in place... if that makes sense!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Montala said:
I am not really sure what I should have on my SE.

Although I did specify a Kessy and satnav upgrade, I am still not clear exactly what I should be looking for inside the car!

The opening or 'hole' where the phone would sit is not flat all the way across, but has a raised 'bit' to sort of keep an average sized phone in place... if that makes sense!
That would seem to indicate the wireless charging section, Montala :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
What is the wireless charger with the raised edge and nav I'd think if you parted with the £525 or whatever the figure was will give you the unit with the Nav button and a CD drive in the glovebox and SD slots... you poke the Nav button and look for the Nav SD card in the unit in the glove box to verify. Then ask where is it.

The connectivity hub is the wireless charger.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tell said:
What is the wireless charger with the raised edge and nav I'd think if you parted with the £525 or whatever the figure was will give you the unit with the Nav button and a CD drive in the glovebox and SD slots... you poke the Nav button and look for the Nav SD card in the unit in the glove box to verify. Then ask where is it.

The connectivity hub is the wireless charger.
I have got the CD drive in the glove box, and obviously the SD card slot for the sat-nav... and the nice big 8" screen, but I just wasn't too sure about the wireless charging, which is what I thought we were talking about!

However, with all this talk about a 'flat plate', I am not sure I was looking in the right place!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks Tell... the first link just gave me a 'Forbidden' error message, but the second one (from driving.co.uk) is exactly what mine looks like, so I think I can safely say that I do have the wireless charger installed!

I could probably take advantage of it if I used my Android phone, rather than my 'Windows' one, which I am pretty sure doesn't offer that particular functionality!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts