Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've seen mention of people getting welcome letters etc from SEAT

Is this only at the point it starts to be built?

I've not had anything and don't know if that should bother me or not?

Thanks

Sara

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whoop whoop

happy dance

I just rang SEAT customer service to get a sneaky update on build date ................

Dealer had previously told me was originally in Jan 2017, then pulled back to week 51 2016, but may get pulled forward again

Customer service just told me I am down for Week 43

so that has gone from build in Dec to build in week commencing 24th October

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's great news. Should be a nice Christmas present.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The German boards have their original build dates, then they show them crossed out with sooner ones. These tend to be like ours 4Drives, so they are coming through sooner. Europe did have ridiculously long build dates. The 1.4 still seems to be long.

Answer the first question about two weeks into the order, but nothing about build dates at that time. They have provisional ones that then become firm a month or so before the build date. You need your customer order number in any case which your dealer has.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Tell said:
Europe did have ridiculously long build dates. The 1.4 still seems to be long.
It's pretty well the most popular model in Europe. France started taking orders on September 8th and apparently it set a new record for first week sales with over 1500. 60% were 1.4Tsi and 40% of those were DSG. They are now talking about a minimum of 5 months delivery. It will probably be the same in all the countries that opened for business in September.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell said:
Answer the first question about two weeks into the order, but nothing about build dates at that time. They have provisional ones that then become firm a month or so before the build date. You need your customer order number in any case which your dealer has.
Seat answered my build date question just on name, address, colour and dealership name

Is coming up 3 weeks since order so hopefully an "official" letter will arrive soon with me :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
They wanted my customer number else any old Tom, Dick or Harry....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Fred99 said:
Tell said:
Europe did have ridiculously long build dates. The 1.4 still seems to be long.
It's pretty well the most popular model in Europe. France started taking orders on September 8th and apparently it set a new record for first week sales with over 1500. 60% were 1.4Tsi and 40% of those were DSG. They are now talking about a minimum of 5 months delivery. It will probably be the same in all the countries that opened for business in September.
I would have entertained a petrol 4x4 DSG but they don't make them. I noticed the Germans are getting worried about diesel bans in towns. Entertained more if I hadn't had 13 years of motoring with carburettor icing which was to say the least very dangerous which you good petrol people say you don't get with injection.... Probably the last diesel I buy.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell said:
They wanted my customer number else any old Tom, Dick or Harry....
well anyone who would have all that combination of info about me will only get a build date given to them so would be no harm done ....... :)

I do have an order number but it's at home and I'm at work ....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Us retired do as we please :).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts